MEXEM ReviewCategory: Reviews | Author: Trading Brokers | Date: September 19, 2023
Are you interested in trading with a broker that has a global presence and a diverse portfolio of financial instruments? If so, you might want to check out MEXEM. MEXEM is a reputable broker that has been in the industry since 2004 and has clients from over 100 countries. MEXEM offers you the opportunity to trade in more than 150 markets in 33 countries, covering stocks, options, futures, bonds, ETFs, currencies, metals, and more. In this article, we will provide you with an in-depth review of MEXEM’s regulation, platforms and tools, education, markets, accounts, and funding options. We will also list the pros and cons of this broker. By reading this article, you will be able to decide if MEXEM is the best broker for you or not.
Pros & Cons
- Regulated by CySEC and registered with the Financial Markets Authority (AFM) in the Netherlands
- Offers a range of trading products
- White Label solution of Interactive Brokers
- Limited information available on the company's background and history
- It's platforms and tools may have a steep learning curve for some traders who are not familiar with their features and function
- MEXEM does not support cryptocurrencies as a funding method
MEXEM is a globally recognized broker established in 2004, serving clients from 100+ countries. Regulated by prominent authorities like the Central Bank of Lithuania, the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission, and the Financial Sector Conduct Authority of South Africa, MEXEM ensures robust security, transparency, and customer protection. Offering access to over 150 markets in 33 countries, MEXEM supports trading in stocks, options, futures, bonds, ETFs, currencies, and more. They provide diverse platforms, including web, desktop, mobile, and an API for automated trading. Their toolset encompasses market scanners, charts, indicators, news feeds, and research reports. Additionally, MEXEM offers a rich repository of educational resources and 24/7 customer support.
MEXEM caters to different trader needs with several account types, each with distinct advantages. Funding options include bank transfers, credit cards, PayPal, and Skrill, with competitive exchange rates and speedy, secure withdrawals. While MEXEM offers comprehensive services, there are some drawbacks that may affect certain traders. Further discussion on these drawbacks is available in the following section.
MEXEM is a European-regulated investment firm that follows strict EU laws and regulations, such as the MiFID II directive. MEXEM is supervised by the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (CySEC) and registered with the Financial Markets Authority (AFM) in the Netherlands and with the Financial Services and Markets Authority (FSMA) in Belgium. MEXEM operates through two entities: Interactive Brokers Ireland Ltd. (IBIE) and Interactive Brokers Central Europe Zrt. (IBCE). These entities are regulated by different authorities and offer different investor protection amounts. IBIE is regulated by the Central Bank of Lithuania (CBL) and provides investor protection of up to €20,000 per client through the Irish Investor Compensation Scheme (ICS). IBCE is regulated by the Central Bank of Hungary (CBH) and provides investor protection of up to €100,000 per client through the Hungarian Investor Protection Fund (IPF).
MEXEM’s regulation and investor protection are among the highest in the industry, as they ensure that MEXEM follows high standards of security, transparency and customer protection. MEXEM’s clients can trade with confidence, knowing that their funds and data are protected by reputable authorities and schemes. Please see a list of regulated brokers for some alternative options.
Platforms & Tools
MEXEM offers a wide range of trading platforms and tools to suit your every need, whether you are trading on the go through your mobile device or for our more experienced traders through the powerful Trader Workstation. MEXEM’s platforms and tools are designed to help you access global markets, execute your trades, analyze the market, and manage your portfolio. The platforms include:
- Client Portal: Your one-stop shop. This is your domain to check quotes, place trades, and keep track of how your investments are doing. This portal will be used by new clients, clients who want a real-time view of their accounts, and investors who want reliable online reports of their progress.
- Desktop TWS: Our state-of-the-art platform is built for active traders and investors who require a flexible trading platform, as they are trading multiple products. TWS includes all of our most innovative algos and trading instruments.
- Mobile TWS: With our mobile applications, you can trade and keep track of your account simply from your Android or Apple device (tablet or smartphone).
- MEXEM Lite: A simplified version of our mobile app that allows you to trade stocks and ETFs with ease.
- Watch TWS: You can enable MEXEM trading notifications directly to your Apple Watch by logging into the MEXEM TWS for Mobile. This functionality allows you to check the latest key account metrics without using your phone.
MEXEM’s platforms and tools are among the best in the industry, as they provide you with a competitive edge in the global markets. The brokers tools include:
- Market Scanners: Scan the market for potential trading opportunities based on various criteria, such as price, volume, volatility, and more.
- Charts: View historical and real-time price data for any instrument, with over 100 technical indicators and drawing tools.
- Alerts: Set up alerts to notify you of important market events or changes in your account status.
- News Feeds: Stay updated with the latest market news from various sources, such as Reuters, Dow Jones, Bloomberg, and more.
- Research Reports: Access in-depth research reports from leading analysts and experts on various markets and instruments.
MEXEM is a broker that values education and provides various resources and support for traders who want to learn and improve their skills. MEXEM’s education section includes:
- Articles: MEXEM has a collection of articles that cover various topics related to trading and investing, such as market analysis, trading strategies, risk management, portfolio diversification, and more. These articles are written by MEXEM’s experts and partners and are updated regularly.
- Videos: MEXEM has a library of videos that explain the features and functions of MEXEM’s platforms and tools, such as how to place orders, use charts, set alerts, and more. These videos are short and easy to follow and are available in multiple languages.
- Webinars: MEXEM hosts live and recorded webinars that cover various aspects of trading and investing, such as market trends, product updates, trading tips, and more. These webinars are conducted by MEXEM’s professionals and guest speakers and are interactive and informative.
- Courses: MEXEM offers online courses that teach the basics of trading and investing, such as how to use MEXEM’s platforms and tools, how to trade different products, how to analyze the market, and more. These courses are self-paced and consist of lessons, quizzes, and certificates.
- Educational Resources: MEXEM also offers educator and student accounts for educational purposes, through a link to the Interactive Brokers Student Trading Lab account. This account allows educators to create a simulated trading environment for their students, where they can access real-time market data, trade with virtual money, and learn from MEXEM’s educational resources.
MEXEM is a broker that offers a wide range of markets and instruments for trading and investing. MEXEM allows you to access over 150 markets in 33 countries, covering various asset classes, such as stocks, options, futures, bonds, ETFs, currencies, metals, and more. MEXEM’s markets include:
- Stocks: MEXEM provides access to various stock markets worldwide, allowing you to buy and sell shares of individual companies. You can trade stocks from North America, Europe, Asia, Australia and more. You can also trade fractional shares of US stocks, which means you can buy or sell a portion of a share instead of a whole share.
- Options: MEXEM allows you to trade options on stocks, indices, futures and currencies. Options are contracts that give you the right, but not the obligation, to buy or sell an underlying asset at a specified price and time. You can use options to hedge your risk, speculate on market movements, or generate income.
- Futures: MEXEM enables you to trade futures on commodities, indices, currencies and interest rates. Futures are contracts that oblige you to buy or sell an underlying asset at a predetermined price and date in the future. You can use futures to hedge your exposure, diversify your portfolio from market fluctuations.
- Bonds: MEXEM offers access to various bond markets around the world, where you can buy and sell debt securities issued by governments, corporations or other entities. Bonds are fixed-income instruments that pay regular interest and return the principal at maturity. You can use bonds to preserve your capital, earn steady income, or diversify your portfolio.
- ETFs: MEXEM allows you to trade exchange-traded funds (ETFs), which are baskets of securities that track the performance of an index, sector, commodity or other asset. ETFs are traded like stocks on exchanges and offer low-cost exposure to a wide range of markets and themes.
- Currencies: MEXEM enables you to trade currencies in the foreign exchange (forex) market, where you can buy and sell one currency for another. You can trade over 20 major and minor currency pairs with low spreads and commissions1. You can also trade currency futures and options for more leverage and flexibility.
- Metals: MEXEM provides access to various metal markets, where you can buy and sell precious and industrial metals. You can trade metals such as gold, silver, platinum, palladium, copper and more with low fees and high liquidity. You can also trade metal futures and options for more leverage and flexibility.
MEXEM is a broker that offers various account types for different needs and preferences. MEXEM’s account types are among the most flexible and customizable in the industry, as they offer you the option to choose the best account structure for your needs and goals. MEXEM’s account types are easy to open, manage, and access. The account types include:
- Individual: This is an account owned and used by a single person. This account type is suitable for individual traders and investors who want to trade and invest in various markets and instruments.
- Joint: This is an account owned and used by two people. This account type is suitable for couples or partners who want to share their trading and investing activities.
- Family Office: This is an account designed for family office managers who want to manage the estate of their family members. This account type allows the family office manager to access some or all accounts or functions, while the family members can trade and fund their own accounts.
- Friends & Family: This is an account designed for advisors who want to manage the accounts of their friends and family members. This account type allows the advisor to access some or all accounts or functions, while the friends and family members can trade and fund their own accounts.
- Small Business: This is an account designed for small businesses that want to trade and invest in various markets and instruments. This account type is suitable for corporations, partnerships, limited liability corporations, and unincorporated legal structures1.
- Advisor: This is an account designed for professional advisors who want to manage the accounts of their clients. This account type allows the advisor to access some or all accounts or functions, while the clients can trade and fund their own accounts. The advisor can also set up client markups and pre-trade allocations.
- Funding Manager: This is an account designed for funding managers who want to manage the accounts of multiple wealth managers. This account type allows the funding manager to access some or all accounts or functions, while the wealth managers can trade and fund their own accounts. The funding manager can also set up client markups, pre-trade allocations, multiple levels, pool, and separate trading limit.
- Copyright Trading Group: This is an account designed for trading groups that want to authorize multiple traders to enter orders in a single account, or set up individual accounts for traders or strategies with separate credit limits.
- Hedge & Mutual Fund: This is an account designed for hedge fund and mutual fund managers who want to trade and invest in various markets and instruments for their funds. This account type allows the fund manager to access some or all accounts or functions, while the fund investors can view their own statements and reports1. The fund manager can also set up client markups, pre-trade allocations, multiple levels, pool, and separate trading limiy
- Compliance Officers: This is an account designed for compliance officers who want to monitor and supervise the trading activities of their associated persons. This account type allows the compliance officer to access some or all accounts or functions, while the associated persons can trade and fund their own accounts. The compliance officer can also set up trading restrictions, alerts, reports, and audits.
MEXEM is a broker that allows you to fund your account with various methods, such as bank transfers, credit cards, PayPal, Skrill and more. It supports multiple currencies and offers competitive exchange rates. MEXEM also processes withdrawals quickly and securely, with minimal fees. The broker supports a wide range of funding methods, including bank transfers, credit cards, PayPal and Skrill. You can choose the best method for you based on your convenience, availability, and cost. You can find the detailed information on each funding method on MEXEM’s website.
MEXEM supports 23 base currencies, which means you can avoid currency conversion fees if you trade in the same currency as your account. You can also change your base currency at any time. If you need to convert currencies, MEXEM offers competitive exchange rates that are based on the interbank market rates plus a small markup. You can also use the FX Trader tool to access real-time quotes and execute currency trades. MEXEM does not charge any deposit fees or withdrawal fees for most methods. However, some banks or third-party providers may charge their own fees, which are beyond MEXEM’s control. MEXEM processes withdrawals within one business day for most methods. However, the actual time it takes for the funds to reach your account may vary depending on the method and the bank or provider involved.
In conclusion, MEXEM stands out as a reputable and globally recognized broker, offering a comprehensive suite of services to traders and investors worldwide. With a strong emphasis on regulatory compliance and investor protection, MEXEM’s commitment to security and transparency is commendable. The platform provides a wide range of markets, advanced tools, and educational resources to cater to the diverse needs of traders. Furthermore, its flexible account options and convenient funding methods add to its appeal. However, it’s worth noting that while MEXEM offers strong features, there are other brokers with longer track records that might be worth considering as alternative options. For additional choices, we encourage you to explore our trading broker reviews. Thank you for reading and happy trading!