InvestMarkets ReviewCategory: Reviews | Author: Trading Brokers | Date: January 16, 2024
InvestMarkets is a global brokerage firm that offers online trading services across different markets like forex, stocks, indices, commodities, and more. In this review, I will break down the key aspects of their business – regulation status, platforms & tools, educational resources, account types, funding options, etc. My goal is to provide an unbiased assessment to help you evaluate if InvestMarkets is the right fit for your trading needs. So let’s get this review started and see what InvestMarkets brings to the table! I’m keeping an open mind and will highlight both the pros and cons throughout this piece.
Pros & Cons
- A wide range of methods for depositing and withdrawing funds
- Positive customer reviews highlight quick withdrawals and good execution
- InvestMarkets is a regulated broker, providing a level of trustworthiness
- They offer a demo account, allowing new users to practice trading without risking real money
- Trading Central and Tip Ranks services are available. Absence of trading commissions
- Some users might find the fees for certain withdrawal methods to be high
- InvestMarkets does not offer an Islamic account
- There are no PAMM or MAM accounts for passive investing
- Regulation is in an offshore jurisdiction. Wide spreads
- The spreads offered are not particularly tight, which could impact trading costs
InvestMarkets is a regulated online broker that offers a range of trading services across various markets. They provide a user-friendly trading experience through their advanced, innovative, and intuitive WebTrader platform, which allows traders to trade CFDs with confidence in the most popular and sought-after worldwide assets.
InvestMarkets offers four different account types to cater to different trading needs and investment levels. The minimum deposit required is relatively low, making it accessible for beginners. They also offer a demo account, allowing new users to practice trading without risking real money.
InvestMarkets is recognized for its quick withdrawals and good execution, as highlighted in customer reviews. They also offer a variety of funding methods, including bank transfers, credit/debit cards, and e-wallets, providing flexibility and convenience for their clients.
InvestMarkets is authorized and regulated by the International Financial Services Commission (IFSC), providing a level of trustworthiness. However, it’s worth noting that while InvestMarkets offers strong features, other brokers with longer track records might be worth considering as alternative options.
When it comes to the regulation of InvestMarkets, it’s pretty straightforward. The platform is operated by Arvis Capital Limited, which is an investment firm based out of Belize. They’ve got the official stamp of approval from the International Financial Services Commission of Belize, rocking a license with the number 000307/489. This means they’re recognized by the local authority to do their thing in the financial markets.
Now, Belize isn’t exactly the strictest regulator on the block when compared to some heavy hitters like the FCA or CySEC, but having a license is better than none. It gives traders a certain level of protection and oversight, which is always a plus in the wild world of online trading. If you’re the type who prefers to play it super safe and want to explore options regulated by authorities with a bit more clout, no worries. Please see a list of regulated brokers for some alternative options.
Platforms & Tools
InvestMarkets offers two main trading platforms: MetaTrader 4 (MT4) and a proprietary platform.
MetaTrader 4 is a popular platform in the trading community, known for its robustness and flexibility. It offers traders three separate chart types and over fifty technical indicators. The platform can be customized according to the trader’s preferences.
The proprietary platform of InvestMarkets is described as advanced and user-friendly. It allows trading in CFDs on more than 270 assets.
In addition to these platforms, InvestMarkets provides access to Trading Central and TipRanks services, which offer professional analytics and a wide range of markets. The broker also has a Video Trading Academy, which provides educational content for traders.
Furthermore, InvestMarkets offers powerful trading tools and real-time data to its clients. The specific tools are not detailed in the search results, but they typically include charting tools, economic calendars, and other resources to help traders make informed decisions.
Now, let’s move on to the tools. InvestMarkets offers;
- Economic Calendar: The Economic Calendar is a must-have for any trader. It keeps you in the loop about important economic events that could shake up the markets.
- Calculator: The Calculator is another handy tool. It helps you calculate things like potential profits, losses, and margins. It’s a great way to keep your trading strategy in check.
- Charting tools: Finally, the Charting Tools. These are essential for technical analysis. They help you spot trends, patterns, and potential trading opportunities in the market.
So, there you have it. InvestMarkets has a pretty solid lineup of platforms and tools to help you navigate the trading world.
Now, let’s dive into the educational resources that InvestMarkets offers. They’ve got a pretty solid lineup to help you level up your trading game.
- CFD-Glossary: If you’ve ever been confused by all the jargon in the trading world, this is your go-to resource. It breaks down all those complex terms into simple, easy-to-understand definitions.
- Videos: These are great if you’re more of a visual learner. They cover a wide range of topics, from the basics of trading to more advanced strategies.
- eBooks: If you’re more of a reader, they’ve got you covered with their eBooks. These are comprehensive guides that dive deep into various aspects of trading. You can download them and read at your own pace.
- CFDs Trading Tips: These are handy nuggets of wisdom that can help you navigate the often volatile world of CFD trading.
- Technical and Fundamental Analysis: For the more advanced traders, they offer resources on Technical Analysis and Fundamental Analysis. These can help you make more informed trading decisions based on market trends and economic indicators.
- Webinars: These are live online sessions where you can learn from experts in the field and even ask questions in real-time.
So, whether you’re a newbie just starting out or a seasoned trader looking to brush up on your skills, InvestMarkets has got a wealth of educational resources to help you on your trading journey.
When checking out the markets offered by InvestMarkets, traders have got quite a few options to choose from.
- Currencies: On the currency front, you’ve got access to majors, minors, and exotics to trade forex. So whether you’re looking for pairs like EUR/USD or something more exotic like USD/SEK, you’re covered.
- Indices: For indices, you’ve got all the big names like the S&P 500, FTSE 100, Nikkei 225, and more. These can be great for speculating on broader market movements.
- Commodities: In terms of commodities, you can dive into metals, energies, and agricultural goods. So oil, gold, silver, corn – take your pick.
- Equities: InvestMarkets also lets you trade equities from various global stock exchanges. So you can buy and sell stocks from places like the NYSE and LSE.
- Crypto: And lastly, for you crypto heads out there, they offer CFD trading on some of the major cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum.
So all up, you’ve got access to trade CFDs across currencies, indices, commodities, equities, and crypto. It’s a pretty well-rounded lineup of markets on offer.
InvestMarkets has tailored a range of account types to suit different trader needs and investment levels. Here’s a quick rundown:
- Basic: With a minimum deposit of $250, the Basic account is the entry-level option. It’s designed for those just starting out or looking to dip their toes in the trading waters. The average spread for EUR/USD is 3.0 pips, for GBP/USD it’s 3.4 pips, and for USD/JPY, you’re looking at 3.3 pips.
- Gold: Stepping it up, the Gold account requires a minimum deposit of $25,000. It offers slightly better spreads than the Basic account, with EUR/USD at 2.7 pips, GBP/USD at 3.1 pips, and USD/JPY at 3.0 pips. This account might be more suitable for traders with a bit more experience or a larger capital.
- Platinum: For the more serious traders, the Platinum account has a minimum deposit of $100,000. The spreads get even more competitive here, with EUR/USD at 2.1 pips, GBP/USD at 2.5 pips, and USD/JPY at 2.4 pips.
- VIP: At the top of the tier is the VIP account, which requires a hefty minimum deposit of $250,000. This account offers the tightest spreads, with EUR/USD at 1.6 pips, GBP/USD at 2.0 pips, and USD/JPY at 1.9 pips. VIP account holders also benefit from no withdrawal commission.
All account types come with leverage up to 1:500, which can significantly increase both potential profits and risks. There’s no deposit commission across the board, but keep in mind that fees may apply if you leave an account inactive for too long.
When it comes to funding your account, InvestMarkets offers a variety of methods to make it as convenient as possible. You can use online payment processors like Acquiring.com, CommerceGate, Skrill, Neteller, SafeCharge, Directa24, Help2Pay, EasyEFT, and AstropayCard, among others. These options give you the flexibility to choose the one that suits you best. If you prefer more traditional methods, you can also deposit funds through credit/debit card or wire transfer. Now, when it’s time to cash out, InvestMarkets processes withdrawal requests within 24 hours.
However, depending on the method you choose, it may take up to five business days for the funds to hit your account. One thing to keep in mind is the fees. Credit/debit cards and Neteller come with a 3.5% fee, Skrill has a 2.0% surcharge, and bank wires will cost you $30 or the equivalent in your currency. So, make sure to factor these costs in when deciding on your preferred funding method. Overall, InvestMarkets seems to offer a good range of funding options, but it’s always a good idea to check out the fees and processing times to make sure they work for you.
Wrapping up this review, InvestMarkets seems to offer a decent range of features for traders looking to dive into the world of CFDs. With a variety of account types, a selection of platforms including the popular MetaTrader 4 and their own WebTrader, and a suite of educational resources, they’ve got the basics covered. However, while InvestMarkets offers strong features, other InvestMarkets with longer track records might be worth considering as alternative options. For additional choices, we encourage you to explore our trading broker reviews. It’s always good to shop around and see what fits your trading style and needs the best. Remember, trading involves risks and it’s important to choose a broker that aligns well with your investment goals and strategies.