CFI Financial ReviewCategory: Reviews | Author: Trading Brokers | Date: December 28, 2023
CFI Financial, an online trading brokerage established in 1998, provides clients with access to a diverse range of global financial markets. With over 25 years of market experience, the broker is regulated by top-tier authorities.
In this review, our focus is on objectively examining the key features and services offered by CFI Financial. We will meticulously assess aspects such as their trading platforms, educational resources, account types, and more. Additionally, we’ll shed light on both the pros and cons associated with choosing this broker. The aim is to present an unbiased overview to assist you in determining whether CFI Financial aligns with your specific trading needs. Let’s dive deeper into what CFI Financial has to offer.
Pros & Cons
- Licensed by respected regulatory authorities like CySEC, ensuring client asset protection
- No minimum deposit requirements, making it accessible for traders with different budget levels
- Provides access to a wide range of global markets, offering diverse trading opportunities
- No limitations on trading strategies, providing flexibility for traders
- Offers 24/7 support, ensuring assistance is available whenever needed
- Some clients have expressed dissatisfaction with the company's work
- Does not offer MetaTrader 4, which some traders may find more convenient
- Charges a withdrawal fee, which can add to trading costs
CFI Financial is an online trading brokerage that offers clients access to a wide variety of global financial markets. Established in 1998, they have over 25 years of market experience and are regulated by top-tier authorities like the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) in the UK. They provide access to popular choices like MetaTrader 5 and cTrader. These advanced platforms are packed with tools for market analysis, automated trading, fast execution, and mobile access. So traders have everything they need to actively analyze markets and capitalize on opportunities. In addition to their trading services, CFI Financial is committed to educating their clients.
CFI Financial offers two main account types. Both accounts provide access to numerous trading instruments, leverage up to 1:500, and support for algorithmic trading. They also offer a variety of funding methods, including bank transfers, credit and debit cards, and e-wallets like Skrill and Neteller. In terms of trading instruments, CFI Financial provides access to over 15,000 global markets. This covers forex, stocks, indices, commodities, cryptocurrencies and more. So whether you trade currencies, indices, shares or commodities, you’ll find relevant markets to trade.
When it comes to oversight and compliance, CFI Financial has secured licenses from several respected regulatory bodies across different regions. Specifically, the brokerage operates under the watch of the UK’s Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), the Dubai Financial Services Authority (DFSA) in the United Arab Emirates, the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (CySEC) in Cyprus, the Financial Regulatory Authority (FRA) in Egypt, the Capital Markets Authority (CMA) Oman, the Jordan Securities Commission (JSC), and the Central Bank of Lebanon (BDL), among others.
This means CFI adheres to strict operational, reporting, and asset protection standards enforced by these regulators. Now, CFI doesn’t deal with clients from the US or countries under OFAC sanctions. And some former clients have complained about sub-par services from CFI.
But overall, the company maintains multiple high-profile licenses across Europe, the Middle East, and Africa. So while not perfect, CFI’s regulatory coverage shows commitment to principles of compliance and building client trust. Please see a list of regulated brokers for some alternative options.
Platforms & Tools
CFI Financial offers its clients a couple of advanced trading platforms and tools to choose from, including:
- MetaTrader 5: MetaTrader 5 is a powerful platform known for its advanced charting capabilities, depth of market information, and the ability to automate trading strategies. It supports advanced order types and one-click order entry, which can be particularly useful for fast-paced trading.
- cTrader: cTrader is a platform that offers a user-friendly interface and advanced trading capabilities. It provides fast order execution, level II pricing, and a full range of advanced order types. It also provides detailed performance analysis tools, helping traders to refine their strategies and improve their trading performance over time.
- TraderEvolution: In addition to MetaTrader 5 and cTrader, CFI Financial has recently added TraderEvolution to its suite of trading platforms. This platform provides traders with access to global financial markets and enables the trading of physical stocks and CFDs from a single account. The addition of TraderEvolution represents a shared commitment to innovation and excellence, and it establishes a new benchmark in the market.
In addition to these platforms, CFI Financial also provides a range of trading tools to enhance the trading experience. These include:
- Powerful Charting Capabilities: CFI Financial’s platforms offer powerful charting capabilities that allow traders to visualize market data and identify potential trading opportunities. These charting tools support multiple chart types, timeframes, and technical indicators, making it easier for traders to analyze market trends and patterns.
- Advanced Order Types and Execution: The platforms provided by CFI Financial support a variety of advanced order types, including market orders, limit orders, stop orders, and trailing stop orders. This gives traders the flexibility to execute their trading strategies as they see fit. The platforms also offer fast and reliable order execution, ensuring that traders can enter and exit the market at their desired price levels.
- Depth of Market: Depth of Market (DOM) is a feature that provides traders with information about the liquidity and depth of a particular market. This can be particularly useful for traders who trade in large volumes, as it allows them to see the potential impact of their trades on the market price.
- One-Click Order Entry: One-click order entry is a feature that allows traders to place trades with a single click of the mouse. This can be particularly useful in fast-moving markets, where speed of execution can be critical.
- Strategy Automation: Both MetaTrader 5 and cTrader support strategy automation, allowing traders to automate their trading strategies. This can be a significant advantage for traders who use algorithmic trading strategies, as it allows them to execute their strategies 24/7 without the need for manual intervention.
CFI Financial Group offers a variety of educational resources to help traders at all levels improve their trading skills and knowledge. These resources include:
- Educational Videos: CFI provides a “learn to trade” section with short, informative educational videos. These videos are designed to be time considerate, allowing traders to learn at their own pace.
- Trading Blog: The trading blog is where analysts share their opinions, provide economic coverage, and report on technical analysis. This can be a valuable resource for traders looking to stay informed about market trends and developments.
- Economic Calendar: The economic calendar keeps traders informed of upcoming economic releases and their potential impact on the markets. This can help traders plan their trades and manage risk.
- Analytical Trading: CFI provides an overview of Trading Central’s tools, which include daily technical analysis updates. These tools are available to all CFI clients and can help traders make informed decisions.
- Glossary of Terms: The glossary of terms is a handy resource for traders, especially those just getting started. It provides definitions for common trading terms, helping traders understand the language of the markets.
In addition to these resources, CFI also offers a range of online courses and certifications through its Corporate Finance Institute (CFI). These courses cover a variety of topics, including corporate finance foundations, financial modeling and forecasting, and Excel for corporate finance professionals. These resources can help traders develop the skills and knowledge they need to succeed in the financial markets.
CFI Financial is a global online trading provider that offers its clients access to a wide range of markets. They’ve got everything from stocks and forex to commodities and cryptocurrencies.
- Forex: CFI Financial offers access to major, minor, and exotic currencies from around the globe, allowing traders to see how the world’s economies react and interact with each other.
- Stocks: With CFI Financial, traders can invest in thousands of US, UK, and EU stocks from one single interface. This includes well-known companies like Tesla, Google, and Amazon.
- Indices: For those looking for broader exposure, CFI Financial offers a variety of indices that give traders the opportunity to invest in multiple stocks at once.
- Commodities: CFI Financial provides low-cost trading on commodities like gold, oil, and other key resources. Increases in resources like oil.
- Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs): ETFs are one of the most customizable ways to trade, and CFI Financial offers a range of simple and complex funds for traders to invest in.
- Cryptocurrencies: Joining the mainstream revolution, CFI Financial offers a wide range of cryptocurrency CFDs, including Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, and many more.
Accounts are essential for trading, as they provide traders with access to the markets and platforms that they want to trade on. CFI Financial offers two main account types and trading accounts that cater to different trading styles and goals. These account types are:
- Zero Commission Account: The Zero Commission Account is designed for traders who prefer their commissions to be included in the spreads. This account type is popular due to its simplicity and transparency. The spread on EUR/USD ranges between 0.4 – 1.1, and there are no additional commissions besides the spread. This account offers access to numerous trading instruments, making it a versatile choice for traders interested in a variety of markets. Zero Commission Account offers leverage up to 1:500, access to MT4, MT5, and cTrader trading platforms, and swap-free options. The base currencies include USD, EUR, GBP, and others, and there’s no minimum deposit requirement. Zero Commission Accounts are commission-free for CFDs on equities and ETFs, and they permit algorithmic/expert advisor trading.
- Dynamic Trader Account: The Dynamic Trader Account is tailored for frequent traders who prefer tighter spreads and low, volume-based commissions. The spread on EUR/USD can be as low as 0.0, which can be beneficial for high-volume traders. Like the Zero Commission Account, the Dynamic Trader Account also offers access to numerous trading instruments. This account type is designed for more active traders who are looking for competitive trading conditions.The Dynamic Trader Account provides leverage of up to 1:500, grants access to trading platforms such as MT4, MT5, and cTrader, and offers swap-free options. It supports base currencies like USD, EUR, GBP, and more, with no minimum deposit required. The Dynamic Trader Account imposes no commissions on CFDs for equities and ETFs, allowing for algorithmic/expert advisor trading.
CFI Financial offers a variety of methods for funding your trading account, making it easy and convenient for traders to get started. One of the most common methods is through a bank transfer. This is a secure and reliable way to deposit funds into your trading account. It might take a few days for the funds to appear in your account, but it’s a straightforward process.
For those who prefer a quicker method, CFI Financial also accepts deposits via credit and debit cards. This is a fast and easy way to fund your account, with the funds typically appearing in your account almost instantly. In addition to these traditional methods, CFI Financial also supports a range of e-wallets for deposits and withdrawals. This includes popular services like Skrill and Neteller. These e-wallets offer a quick and convenient way to manage your trading funds, with transactions typically processed within a few hours.
To deposit or withdraw funds, you simply need to log into your personal access portal on the CFI Financial website, select your preferred method, enter the amount, and select the currency. It’s worth noting that the availability of certain deposit and withdrawal methods may vary depending on your location and the regulations in your country. So, it’s always a good idea to check the specifics on the CFI Financial website or contact their customer support for more information.
In wrapping up, CFI Financial stands out as a versatile online trading brokerage that caters to a wide array of traders. With a robust selection of trading platforms, traders are equipped with the tools necessary for a comprehensive trading experience. The brokerage offers a broad spectrum of markets, including forex, stocks, indices, commodities, and cryptocurrencies, providing ample opportunities for traders to diversify their portfolios. With over 25 years of experience, they focus on delivering an institutional-grade trading experience to retail traders. However, it’s worth noting that while CFI Financial offers strong features, there are other brokers with longer track records that might be worth considering as alternative options. For additional choices, we encourage you to explore our trading brokers reviews.