Alaric Securities ReviewCategory: Reviews | Author: Trading Brokers | Date: December 25, 2023
Alaric Securities, a broker-dealer based in Sofia, Bulgaria, has been providing a range of services to individual and corporate clients since its inception in 2011. The firm offers a suite of features including risk controls, electronic invoicing, commission markups, and user management. It also provides access to three Direct Market Access (DMA) professional electronic trading platforms, including their in-house developed Hammer and industry standards Sterling Trader Pro. However, like any financial institution, Alaric Securities has its strengths and weaknesses. This review aims to provide an unbiased examination of the firm’s offerings, exploring both the advantages and potential drawbacks of partnering with Alaric Securities.
Pros & Cons
- Access to US markets, including stocks, ETFs, and options
- Regulated by the Financial Supervision Commission
- Offers a variety of trading platforms, including Hammer, Hammer Lite, and Sterling Trader
- Provides educational resources like market insights, articles, news, trading tips, and white papers
- Offers different account types to cater to various trading needs
- Easy funding options with wire transfers and debit or credit card options
- Alaric Securities is not effectively regulated, which could pose potential risks to its clients
- Alaric Securities does not offer popular trading platforms like MT4/MT5, copy trading
- The platforms provided by Alaric Securities are considered expensive
Alaric Securities is an EU-licensed broker-dealer that offers a variety of services and tools for both individual and corporate clients. They provide access to US markets, including stocks, ETFs, and options, and offer a range of trading platforms such as Hammer, Hammer Lite, and Sterling Trader. Alaric Securities also provides educational resources like market insights, articles, news, trading tips, and white papers to help traders stay informed and improve their skills.
They offer different account types, including cash accounts, limited margin accounts, and portfolio margin accounts, to cater to various trading needs. Funding your account is made easy with wire transfers and debit or credit card options. Overall, Alaric Securities is a comprehensive trading solution for those interested in the US markets, but it’s worth considering other brokers with longer track records as alternative options.
When it comes to regulation, Alaric Securities OOD is authorized and regulated by the Financial Supervision Commission, with a firm reference number RG-03-236-1. This means they’ve got a regulatory body keeping an eye on their operations, which is always a good sign. But what does this mean for you as a trader? Well, it means that your money is protected. Alaric Securities holds your funds in segregated accounts with their global banking partners.
Plus, under the Investor Compensation Fund authority, all account funds are protected for you up to 20,000 EUR. So, you can trade with a bit more peace of mind knowing that there’s a safety net in place. However, it’s always a good idea to explore all your options before making a decision. Please see a list of regulated brokers for some alternative options.
Platforms & Tools
Alaric Securities offers a variety of trading platforms to suit different traders’ needs and preferences. They’ve got a range of options, including Hammer, Hammer Lite, Hammer Lite Web & Mobile, Hammer Lite Plus, Sterling Trader, Sterling LST (Lightspeed), and WebSocket API.
Hammer is their all-in-one professional trading platform that simplifies the trading experience and provides comprehensive trading tools. Hammer Lite is a commission-free platform with fully customizable charting tools, technical indicators, alerts, market news, and chart trading capabilities.
Hammer Lite Web & Mobile allows you to trade on the go, while Hammer Lite Plus comes with advanced smart tools like market scanners, hotkeys, and unlimited alerts and indicators.
Sterling Trader and Sterling LST (Lightspeed) are also available for those who prefer these platforms. WebSocket API is an option for those who want to connect to their own platform.
Let’s break down the tools offered by Alaric Securities:
- Powerful Charting: Alaric Securities provides fully customizable charting tools. These tools allow traders to visually analyze market trends and make informed trading decisions. The charting tools are available across all their platforms, including Hammer, Hammer Lite, and Hammer Lite Plus.
- Alerts and Indicators: These are essential tools for active trading. Alaric Securities offers technical indicators and alerts that can help traders track market movements and identify potential trading opportunities. These features are included in the Hammer Lite and Hammer Lite Plus platforms.
- Chart Trading: This feature allows traders to execute trades directly from the charts. It’s a convenient tool that can help traders react quickly to market changes. This feature is available on the Hammer platform.
- Real-Time Streaming News: Staying updated with the latest market news is crucial for trading. Alaric Securities provides real-time streaming news to keep traders informed about the latest market developments.
- Level 1 Market Data: This provides real-time bid and ask quotes for securities. It’s a basic level of market data that gives traders information about the most recent trade and the current highest bid and lowest ask prices. Alaric Securities offers Level 1 market data across all their platforms.
Alaric Securities offers a variety of educational resources to help traders stay informed and improve their trading skills. Let’s take a closer look at what they offer:
- Market Insights: Alaric Securities provides market insights that can help traders understand the current market trends and make informed trading decisions. These insights can be particularly useful for traders who want to stay updated on the latest market movements.
- Articles: The broker offers a range of articles on various trading-related topics. These articles can provide valuable information and insights, whether you’re a beginner just starting out or an experienced trader looking to expand your knowledge.
- News: Staying updated with the latest news is crucial for trading. Alaric Securities provides real-time news updates to keep traders informed about the latest market developments.
- Trading Tips: Alaric Securities offers trading tips that can help traders improve their trading strategies and performance. These tips can be particularly useful for new traders who are still learning the ropes.
- White Papers: White papers are in-depth reports on specific topics. Alaric Securities provides white papers that can offer detailed insights and analysis on various trading-related topics.
These educational resources can be a great asset for traders of all levels, helping them stay informed and improve their trading skills.
Alaric Securities offers a range of services that cater to both individual and corporate clients. They’re not just about buying and selling stocks. They’re about providing a comprehensive trading experience that includes brokerage services, electronic trading and risk management, routes and liquidity, and funding information.
- US Stocks: Alaric Securities offers access to a vast selection of US stocks, allowing traders to invest in companies listed on major US exchanges like NYSE and NASDAQ.
- ETFs: Exchange-Traded Funds (ETFs) are a popular investment choice for many traders. Alaric Securities provides access to a wide range of ETFs, enabling traders to diversify their portfolios and gain exposure to various market sectors.
- Options: For traders interested in trading options, Alaric Securities offers access to the US options market. Options trading can be a valuable tool for managing risk and generating income.
- Electronic Trading and Risk Management: Alaric Securities offers electronic trading platforms that allow traders to execute trades quickly and efficiently. They also provide risk management tools to help traders manage their risk and protect their investments.
- Routes and Liquidity: Alaric Securities provides access to various routes and liquidity sources. This means that traders can execute their trades at the best available prices
In terms of leverage, Alaric Securities extends varying levels depending on the size of the account and the type of position. Margin accounts over $100,000 are customarily extended an 8:1 intraday and 4:1 overnight leverage, and the firm may extend higher leverage up to 40:1 on intraday and 10:1 on overnight positions. Margin accounts below $100,000 are customarily extended a 6:1 intraday and 2:1 overnight leverage.
So, whether you’re an individual trader looking to dip your toes in the financial markets, or a corporate client seeking a comprehensive trading solution, Alaric Securities has got you covered.
Alaric Securities offers a variety of account types to cater to different trading needs and preferences. Here’s a quick rundown:
- Cash Account: This is the most basic account type. As the name suggests, you can only make transactions using the cash available in your account. No borrowing or short selling here, folks.
- Limited Margin Account: This account type offers a bit more flexibility. You can leverage your trades at 2:1 overnight and 4:1 intraday. This means you can borrow funds to potentially increase your profits, but remember, it also increases your risk.
- Portfolio Margin Account: This account type offers customizable leverage. It’s designed for experienced traders who understand the risks and rewards of trading on margin. For more details, you’ll need to check out their “Customizable Leverage” section.
- Separately Managed Accounts: These are accounts managed by professional money managers. If you don’t have the time or expertise to manage your own investments, this could be a good option for you.
- DVP/RVP Account: This stands for Delivery Versus Payment/Receipt Versus Payment. It’s a type of account where the buyer’s payment for securities is due at the time of delivery.
Each account type comes with its own features and requirements, so you’ll want to choose the one that best fits your trading style and financial goals.
Alaric Securities makes it easy for traders to fund their accounts and start trading. The primary funding method they offer is wire transfers. You can begin trading within 24 hours after your account is funded by wire. They provide detailed information on their website about the bank details required for international wire transfers. Additionally, Alaric Securities offers the option to top-up your account using debit or credit cards. This can be a convenient and quick way to fund your account. Keep in mind that there are minimum funding requirements for new accounts, depending on the trading platform you choose. For example, there’s no minimum deposit for Hammer Lite and Hammer Lite Plus platforms, but a $1,000 minimum deposit is required for the Hammer trading platform, and a $2,000 minimum deposit is required for Sterling Trader and Sterling LST platforms. For a Portfolio Margin Account, the minimum deposit is $100,000. With these funding options, Alaric Securities makes it easy for traders to get started and manage their accounts.
In conclusion, Alaric Securities offers a comprehensive suite of services for both individual and corporate clients. They provide access to a variety of trading platforms, educational resources, and account types, along with a range of tools to help traders succeed. Their focus on US markets, including stocks, ETFs, and options, makes them a compelling choice for traders interested in these areas. However, it’s worth noting that while Alaric Securities offers strong features, there are other brokers with longer track records that might be worth considering as alternative options. For additional choices, we encourage you to explore our trading brokers reviews.