Windsor Brokers Review
Windsor Brokers is a well established, experienced and regulated online trading brokerage that offers a wide variety of assets for trading online via modern platforms. They provide clients with detailed market analysis, educational materials and trading tools. However, the fees are not the cheapest compared to other brokers and the best trading conditions require accounts with larger deposits.
Windsor Brokers Review, Pros & Cons
- Regulated broker
- Wide range of trading instruments
- Modern platforms suitable for traders of all experience levels
- Multilingual customer support
- Trader educational resources & expert marekt analysis
- Market maker broker
- Best conditions require larger deposit
- Traders from United States, Japan, & Belgium are not allowed to register
- Deposit & withdrawal fees are charged
- Commission charges not the lowest
In this detailed Windsor Brokers review, our online broker research team have covered some of the most important aspects for you to consider when choosing the best broker for your online trading needs.
Windsor Brokers Overview
Established since 1988 with a mission to facilitate investors’ access to the global markets, Windsor Brokers has grown to become an established broker that offers forex and CFD trading online. The brokers head office is located in Cyprus with subsidiaries in Jordan, London and Belize.
The broker states that its strategy of investing in technology, human capital and a determined focus on its mission has been the reason behind its success and survival over the years. The broker offers thousands of trading instruments on the AMO trading platforms and over 100 on the ever popular MetaTrader 4 (MT4) platform.
Windsor Brokers is also into sponsorships in line with its corporate social responsibility. The broker has sponsored the ‘Orion’; a team of 6 Cypriot students participating in the ‘Formula 1 in schools’ international competition. The F1 in schools competition is a large Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) competition which involves over 20 million students from all over the world.
Windsor Brokers have won over 20 brokerage awards for their online trading services. Some of the awards are: ‘Most trusted Forex Broker’ which was given at the 2017 UK Forex awards, ‘Best CSR Company’ given by the International Finance Magazine in 2018 and the ‘Best Multi-trading platform’ given by the ‘Global Brands Magazine, UK’ in 2018.
Windsor Brokers Regulation
Windsor Brokers Ltd is a Cypriot Investment Firm that is authorised and regulated by the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (CySEC). The license number is 030/04 and it operates the European website: www.en.windsorbrokers.eu
The broker is fully compliant with the EU ‘Markets in Financial Instruments Directive’ (MiFID), which authorizes it to provide its services across the EEA (European Economic Area).
Windsor brokers Ltd is a member of the ‘Investors Compensation Funds’ (ICF). If in the future, Windsor brokers become insolvent, the ICF can pay compensations to eligible traders and investors. The payment is capped at €20,000.
Winsor Brokers (BZ) Ltd is authorised and licensed by the International Financial Service Commission (IFSC) of Belize. This arm of the Windsor brand is responsible for running the global arm of the website which is: www.windsorbrokers.com
Windsor Brokers offer its services to Jordan and the Arabic region through “Seldon Investments Ltd” which is registered in Jordan with the National number 200168191. It is authorised and regulated by ‘Jordan Securities Commission’ (JSC).
Windsor Brokers also segregates all clients’ funds and banks it with the top rated banks. This is in compliance to the regulatory stipulations. The accounts are banked in such a way that even if the broker suffers a financial crisis or declares bankruptcy, the segregated funds should not be used to pay off its debts, rather they should be used to refund investors their deposits.
Windsor Brokers Countries
Windsor Brokers does not provide its services to clients from USA, Japan, Belgium and Belize. Some Windsor Brokers features and products mentioned within this Windsor Brokers review may not be available to traders from specific countries due to legal restrictions.
Windsor Brokers Platforms
MetaTrader 4 (MT4)
MT4 is a powerful trading platform built for speed and flexibility. Designed to run on multiple devices, MT4 has unofficially become the ‘global standard’ in the forex trading industry. It was designed by ‘MetaQuotes Software Corp’ in 2005. Though, it has a successor (MT5), MT4 has remained one of the most popular trading platforms amongst forex/CFD traders and brokers. Windsor Brokers provides the MT4 platform as follows:
- WebTrader: This version runs only on the web browser making it compatible with all devices and all operating systems. It does not require downloading and installing any additional software.
- Mobile: This comprises of the Android and iOS mobile apps that can be downloaded from the respective app stores.
- Desktop: This is the main downloadable version of the MT4 designed to run on Windows computers.
Here are some of the core features of MT4:
- User friendly, customisable layouts, charts, windows and colours to match the traders’ preferences.
- Live quotes of all the tradable assets are displayed in real time on the ‘market watch’ window which can be customised to show on the traders’ favourite instruments.
- 3 chart styles which can be stretched over 9 timeframes from M1 to MN.
- Preloaded with 30 technical indicators which can be extended to thousands using plugin apps.
- 24 analytical tools which are useful in conducting in-depth technical analysis.
- Supports the development, back testing and deployment of expert advisors (EAs) for automated trading strategies.
- Access to the MQL5 market where traders can buy EAs, indicators and tools which can enhance their overall trading experience.
- Supports one-click trading.
- Supports multiple order types and risk management tools like Stop Loss, Take Profit, etc.
- Alert notifications via platform popups, SMS and email.
AMO Trading Platform
This is a professional trading platform from Windsor Brokers. It is only available to traders from the European jurisdictions. It is available as follows:
- Desktop version: This is the full version of the platform offering complete customisation and algorithm trading.
- WebTrader: This version of the platform runs directly in most modern web browsers without needing to install any additional software. It gives advanced trading tools and similar functions as the desktop platform but with a simpler interface.
- Mobile: This is designed for iOS and Android devices, primarily for trading on the go. Users can monitor, enter trade positions and also analyse the markets in real time. It has price alerts and email notifications.
Here are some of the main features of the AMO trading platform:
- Access to trade over 600,000+ tradeable assets from over 100 global markets from one trading account.
- Real time market monitoring and advanced trading tools.
- Complex analytical tools.
- In-depth market news and research.
- Completely customisable platform to suit the trader’s style.
Windsor Brokers Trading Tools
Windsor Brokers provide the following calculators:
- Profit Calculator: Calculates the profit or loss of a trade based on the currency, asset traded, price, trade direction, lots traded and closing price.
- Margin Calculator: Used to calculate the margin required to open positions after setting all necessary parameters.
- Pip Calculator: Used to calculate the value for each pip in your base currency.
- Fibonacci Calculator: Used to generate retracement and extension levels in trends.
- Pivots Calculator: Used to identify support and resistance levels of price.
The customisable economic calendar is an important tool in fundamental analysis. It shows the exact date and time a company release, news, event, etc will take place as well as its forecasted impact on the markets. Several other factors are considered including history, politics, etc. Traders can place or manage positions according to the liquidity or volatility expected around the period of the event. This is commonly known as news trading.
This is provided by the in-house team of experts at Windsor Brokers. They provide frequently updated market analysis on selected instruments with trading signals and trading ideas.
This is updated several times in a day by the in-house team. Clients have the option of trading from directly from the news article.
Windsor Brokers Education
The Windsor Brokers website features a training academy organised into 8 topics and a total of 70 lessons. It is only available to registered clients. The lessons cover forex trading, CFDs, market analysis, trading psychology, trading signals and more. The video lessons are very short (less than a minute), animated, clear and concise. The student’s progress can also be measured as you make your way through the lessons.
There is a selection of eBooks on forex trading, stock trading and CFD trading that are available for reading. Webinars are scheduled on the website from time to time. Recorded videos of previously conducted webinars are available. A glossary of over 180 trading terms and their explanations are featured on the website.
Windsor Brokers Instruments
The following instruments are available for trading on Windsor Brokers MT4 trading platforms:
- 50 FX Currency Pairs (majors, minors & exotics)
- 6 Metals
- 13 Commodities
- 31 Indices
- 4 Treasuries
- 12 Share CFDs
For AMO products, there are over 600,000+ trading instruments in the following markets: Forex, CFDs, Stocks, Futures, Bonds, Options, ETFs, Metals, EFPs and Funds.
Windsor Brokers Accounts & Fees
The account type available to you can depend on your country of residence and your trading capital. The Windsor Brokers account types are:
- Prime trading account: The minimum deposit is $100 and the spread starts from 1.0 pip for major forex pairs. The maximum leverage is 1:500 and no commissions are charged.
- Zero trading account: This account is designed for experienced traders. The minimum opening deposit is $2,500 and the maximum leverage is 1:500. The spread starts from 0 pips and a commission of $8 round turn is charged on every trade.
- VIP Zero account: This account is strictly designed for professional traders with the relevant trading capital. It is only available to ‘Zero trading account’ holders who wish to upgrade. The account comes with lower commissions, dedicated account manager and personal sessions with Windsor Brokers’ technical analysts.
- AMO trading account: This account gives access to trade up to 620,000 assets from 120 markets drawn from 26 countries. The account is only accessible from the European website of Windsor Brokers. It offers good price execution speeds, low commissions and low margin rates. The minimum deposit for this account type is $5,000.
- MT4 account: This account is only available to European traders who wish to trade on the MT4 platform instead of the AMO platform. This account can trade over 100 tradable assets. The maximum leverage is 1:30.
The Prime, Zero and VIP Zero accounts are not available to European traders. Demo accounts are available for practice purposes. It is preloaded with a capital of $50,000 in virtual currency. A demo account can be useful to test the brokers different trading platforms and practice your trading strategies.
As broker fees can vary and change, there may be additional fees that are not listed in this Windsor Brokers review. It is imperative to ensure that you check and understand all of the latest information before you open a Windsor Brokers account for online trading.
Windsor Brokers Support
Windsor Brokers has an award-winning customer support team which is always available 24/5 to give support to their clients. One of the fastest ways to reach the team is by chatting with them using the online chat on the Windsor Brokers website. They are also available via phone, fax and email. Windsor Borkers is on social media via Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Windsor Brokers Deposit & Withdrawal
- Credit/Debit Cards: The accepted cards are Visa, China UnionPay and MasterCard. Deposits are processed on the same day. Visa and Mastercard are charged 3% deposit fees while $3 is charged for withdrawals. The maximum transaction is $5,000. For UnionPay, there are no commissions for both deposits and withdrawals and the transactions are capped at $50,000.
- Skrill and Neteller: These are popular e-wallet payment methods accepted globally. The minimum deposit is $100. A transaction fee of 3% is charged for deposits and it is processed on the same day. For withdrawals, a fee of 3% is charged for Skrill whilst Neteller charges $3/€3/£3 on withdrawals.
- WebMoney: There are no limits and the transactions are processed on the same day. 0.8% of the transaction fees are charged on both deposits and withdrawals.
Windsor Brokers Account Opening
To create a new trading account with Windsor Brokers, visit the website and click on ‘Open Account’. The form below displays.
Fill the form and submit. Immediately, you are prompted to verify your email address and login to the clients’ area. Check your email and click on the link sent by Windsor Brokers to verify your email address. You can then login to the clients’ area to complete your profile, upload verifying documents, make a deposit and commence trading when you are ready to do so.
Windsor Brokers Summary
Windsor Brokers is an established and regulated online broker with that has won multiple awards. With its years of experience, the brokerage has proved its strength and reliability. As a regulated brand, it has put in place the required security measures to help ensure that clients’ funds are protected.
The range of tradeable assets is impressive especially on the AMO account. The platforms available are sophisticated and apposite for experienced traders as well as new traders. Only $100 is required to commence live trading.
Window Brokers analysts are hardworking; providing daily analysis, trading signals, market news and also facilitating trader webinars.
However, the broker charges deposit and withdrawal fees. They have no social trading platform or managed portfolios. They also require a large deposit to get the best trading conditions they offer. The spreads offered are not the lowest when compared to other online brokers.
Risk Warning: CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. 70% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.