TrioMarkets ReviewCategory: Reviews | Author: Trading Brokers | Date: November 17, 2022
TrioMarkets is an online brokerage firm that gives you access to the markets via the easy to use MetaTrader 4 platforms for all of your devices. You can trade a decent selection of financial instruments including CFDs on forex, indices, stocks and commodities. I found the broker to have competitive trading fees and quick trade execution speeds with minimal requotes. They support social trading which could be useful for those of you who don’t have the time or knowledge to trade manually. There is a solid FIX API solution for professional traders who are looking for an institutional trading environment. Money managers and investors can take advantage of the TrioMarkets MAM/PAMM platform. The minimum deposit is not the lowest at $250 but you do get the benefit of $0 commission fees and a variety of account types for different trading styles. If you want to try them out before making a commitment, they can give you a free demo account with virtual funds which is pretty standard for brokers nowadays.
Pros & Cons
- 140+ tradable instruments
- MT4 TrioXtend with more tools than usual
- Different account types for different trading strategies
- Dark pool liquidities and quick execution speeds
- Spreads from just 0.0 pips
- Commission free trading accounts
- FIX API connectivity for high-frequency trading
- PAMM/MAM accounts for money managers and investors
- Generous selection of account funding options
- Good variety of additional trading tools
- Free VPS for eligible clients
- Free demo accounts to practice trading
- 24/5 customer support
- $250 minimum deposit is not the lowest
- Could add some more financial instruments
- Only provide the MetaTrader 4 platform
- No Islamic swap-free accounts for Muslim traders
- Cannot accept clients from certain countries
Licensed in Cyprus in 2015, TrioMarkets is an online forex and CFD broker that provides you with a good range of trading products and services. They offer trading in a reasonable choice of around 130 instruments across currencies, energies, precious metals, stocks, and indexes, which are tradable through user-friendly trading platforms for desktop, web, and mobile devices running on iOS and Android.
I think they have the technology and infrastructure that makes them a viable choice for both retail and institutional traders who are looking for very competitive trading conditions. This includes self-directed trading or investing, copy trading, managed accounts and direct market access via FIX API. They have a nice selection of account types, including commission free trading and spreads from 0.0 pips. There are no restrictions on your strategies, so you can scalp, use automated systems, trade the news and hedge.
The broker was established by three financial professionals with over 20 years’ experience in both the British and Swiss Financial Market. This Trio are highly skilled and efficacious entrepreneurs with a successful background in the forex industry. A vision was seen by the Trio to create a pleasant, effective and top-notch environment for traders where it is important that time is invested wisely. Hence, the name “TrioMarkets”.
When it comes to choosing a broker, I always like to check regulations. This is because using a regulated can give some protection that an unregulated brokerage firm cannot. TrioMarkets is regulated in Cyprus and Mauritius. I personally wouldn’t have any issues with this but understand some of you may prefer additional top-tier regulation. If that is the case, you may want to consider Plus500 as they are regulated in multiple jurisdictions.
- TrioMarkets is a name owned and operated by EDR Financial Ltd, which is registered as a Cyprus Investment Firm (CIF). The broker is authorized and regulated by the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (CySEC)
- BENOR Capital Ltd is registered as an Investment Dealer (Broker) licensed by the Financial Services Commission Mauritius (FSA) and has the license to perform operations under the trading name TrioMarkets
The broker provides its services to clients from all the countries in the European Economic Area, except Belgium. They can also accept international clients from all over the globe but do not provide services to residents of the United States of America, the State of Israel, the Islamic Republic of Iran, and the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (DPRK). If your country is not accepted by TrioMarkets, I suggest checking out our broker comparison tool for some alternatives.
MetaTrader 4 (MT4)
TrioMarkets is dedicated to providing clients with cutting-edge trading technology. They have the popular MetaTrader 4 (MT4) platform which is one of the most used platforms in the world, becoming practically the standard in the world of online trading. It is very powerful and has a large choice of charting and analytical tools to help you conduct in-depth market analysis and make informed decisions. There are over 50 charting tools and built-in indicators to choose from. It is great that MT4 is free to use and can be easily installed on any computer to give you easy access to all of the brokers trading assets. I like how the platform has a user-friendly interface with a wide range of customizable features, one-click trading options, and support for self-developed trading algorithms and automated trading with expert advisors (EAs). I think this can be the ideal platform for beginners who are looking for something that is easy to navigate, making it a breeze to analyse the markets, place and manage trades. That being said, the platform also has more than enough features and functionalities to meet the needs of even the most demanding of traders.
Some of the key features of the TrioMarkets MT4 platform are:
- Trading Forex, commodities and indices from one single platform
- The ability to place limit and stop levels from one (1) pip on all the Forex major pairs
- The MT4 interface is fully customizable and gives you the ability to monitor your investments
- There is no trading conflicts between the client and the broker
- You are able to set stop losses and take profit while opening another trade
- Option to trade mini lots, also called 0.01 lots
- There are no trading restrictions
TrioXtend is a suite of market-informed apps created for TrioMarkets traders to optimize their ability to trade successfully. I like that it offers innovative management tools, advanced trade execution, sentiment trading, and sophisticated alarms to create better trading conditions. MT4 TrioXtend is an extension of the already excellent MT4 platform that gives both novice and experienced traders the unique opportunity to trade as professionals. This is a unique feature of the broker that helps them to stand out in an already crowded industry. It is a tool that I have not seen available with any other broker as of yet. All MT4 TrioXtend apps are fully supported by comprehensive user guides, and are available to traders using MT4 TrioXtend.
Some of the key features of TrioXtend include:
- Innovative Management Tools: Provides full control over market watch prices, and all trading account activity. Traders can manage their account, orders and executions from one convenient window
- Advanced Trade Execution: Provides full control over market watch prices, and all trading account activity. Traders can manage their account, orders and executions from one convenient window
- Correlation: Provides traders with valuable insight into market information on the correlation between assets in different markets, allowing traders to quickly assess their market exposure risk
- Sentiment Trading: See what others are doing in order to gauge a feel for the direction in which the markets may be heading
- Sophisticated Alarms: The perfect personal trading assistant, featuring event based alerts on trade activity, market news, price action, and has the ability to perform automated actions, such as sending emails, SMS, or even opening trades
- News and Market data: Offering traders the ability to connect to news, economic calendar, live signals and to get educated all from the MT4 platform
This is a web-based version of the MT4 platform which has the majority of the same features as the desktop application with the advantage that it can run in any web browser without you needing to download or install any software. It is also always up to date so you can be sure you are accessing the latest version of the platform regardless of the device that you are using.
MT4 Trading App
TrioMarkets makes it easy for you to trade no matter where you are. As long as you have an internet connection you are able to trade and get all of you market analysis on the MetaTrader 4 state of the art mobile application. I find trading apps really useful for keeping track of my positions and the latest market news from my mobile phone. I often find myself checking the app from my sofa, when out and about, even in bed. It has a sleek and modern interface which makes it a pleasure to use. You can do everything in just a few taps of the screen but unfortunately it cannot support automated trading. For that, you will need the MT4 desktop platform.
Some of the key features of the MT4 app include the following:
- Market and conditional entry orders
- Set stop and limit orders
- The ability to trade from multiple accounts
- Interactive Charts
- A comprehensive range of chart types
- Multiple time frames
- Over 30 technical indicators
- Price alert notifications
- Manage accounts & positions whilst on the go
- Compatible with iOS & Android devices
This application allows you to manage multiple accounts through one master account. The MAM application can be used by licensed money managers. I like how it allocates master trades proportionally to the subaccounts by using various allocation methods such as equity, profit/loss, or balance. The most popular allocation method among trades is equity. It allocates master trades to the sub accounts based on the amount of their equity. There are various advantages to trading forex with a PAMM/MAM application. One of the most unique advantages is slippage interception. Since the sub accounts only mirror the master account pricing, it is impossible to see price discrepancies. It is guaranteed that all sub trades will be entered from the master trade price.
Advantages of the PAMM/MAM include:
- Direct market liquidity for Master Accounts
- Commission Monitoring
- Full view over Master and Sub Trades
- Various Reporting Options
- Slippage Interception between Sub Accounts
- Easy EA Implementation
- Full control over client accounts through one
- All trade types are allowed
If you don’t have the time or skills to trade by yourself, you can choose to follow the performance of other traders. The broker lets you copy their approved trading strategies and learn from the expertise of others. Social trading is easily accessible with a marketplace that provides a search tool and a filter function which you can use to determine what strategy looks most suited to your needs. I like how you can see stats such as the Duration, Risk Ratio, Maximum Loss, and Profitability. This way you can find the trader who fits perfectly your trading and investing needs. If you have your own strategy, you can take the chance to become a signal trader with growing experience and expertise to drive gains with every trader who copies your trades. The more followers copy your strategies, the higher your pay-out will be. Take advantage of the social proof of a community with high value. I think it is important to point out that there is no guarantee how good or bad the signals will be. Nobody has a crystal ball to predict the future. If you are looking for a dedicated social trading platform, I would consider eToro the industry leaders in this respect.
The provided platforms are packed with tools, probably more than most of you will ever need to use. You can also code your own in the MQL language or hire a developer to bring your ideas to life. There is also plenty of add-ons which you can download from the MQL marketplace which is easily accessible from directly within the platform. However, the broker does make available some handy standalone tools to help improve the overall trading experience.
FIX (Financial Information Exchange) API (Application Programming Interface) allows you to connect directly to the multi-tier liquidity pool with a minimized latency and cost. This helps you to implement your unique trading strategies, such as high-frequency trading. I like that the tool comes with the ability to connect with various professional trading platforms like cTrader and NinjaTrader. Thanks to leading liquidity bridge provider PrimeXM’s cutting edge XCore technology, traders can connect to TrioMarkets XCore through various trading platforms and receive top notch liquidity and execution speeds.
VPS (Virtual Private Server) hosting allows you to use the virtual environment on the hosting company’s servers to run the MetaTrader platform around the clock. This is ideal for anyone who wants to use expert advisors for uninterrupted algorithmic trading. Like the persistence, speed is very important and distance to the trading servers plays a very decisive role on the execution. The closer you are to our servers, the faster your execution request will be delivered and your trading system will perform in a better way. Through the VPS, you can throw trades as you are in London even though you would be sitting in Australia. Even if you switch off your computer, your Expert Advisor would continue to perform according to the settings you previously set. TrioMarkets has partnered with top VPS providers ForexVPS.net and HokoCloud. They both have a high-quality product with 100% uptime guarantee. The downside is that TrioMarkets only provides this service to those who qualify for it.
TrioMarkets provides an economic calendar, which is automatically updated to give you real-time information about the events and data that could cause market moves. I find this to be an imperative tool as it is part of the fundamental analysis of a trading strategy.
To be honest, I couldn’t find any educational materials provided by the broker apart from a very basic glossary. Whilst no broker is obliged to provide such content, I think some trading guides and videos can help beginners get started. That being said, there is plenty of free content available elsewhere online and you can always open a demo account to get some hands-on experience. if you would prefer to use a broker with lots of educational content, then Fortrade have a great selection.
TrioMarkets have a decent selection of around 130 financial instruments spread across forex, cryptos, stocks, equity indexes, precious metals, and energy commodities. You can trade over 60 currency pairs, including the major, minor, and exotic pairs. If you’re looking for a bigger asset offering, I suggest checking out IC Markets. They also have excellent trading conditions and professional trading platforms.
Commodities available with this broker include WTI Crude Oil, Brent Crude Oil, and Natural Gas, as well as precious metals like gold, silver, palladium, and platinum. The broker is currently offering CFD trading in up to 10 equity index futures and over 60 top stocks listed on the major stock exchanges around the world. For a more generous selection of stocks for trading, I suggest checking out TMGM.
At TrioMarkets, whether you are a novice or an experienced trader, you will find an account suitable for your trading needs. They give you a choice between mark-up accounts, in which the commission is included in the spread, and raw accounts, which have separate spreads and commission fees. I like how you can choose the type you want depending on your trading strategy. E.g. A scalping strategy may require the tightest spreads and be prepared to pay a small commission fee. Other traders may not be too fussed about spreads but don’t want to pay a commission. I found the overall fees to work out more or less the same either way.
Here are the various account types you can choose from:
- Basic: Mark-up account only (no separate commission), minimum deposit $250, minimum spread 2.4 pips, FX leverage up to 1:500, stop out at 50%
- Standard: Mark-up or Raw, minimum deposit $5000, minimum spread 1.4 pips (no commission), FX leverage up to 1:500, stop out at 50%
- Advanced: Minimum deposit $25000, FX leverage up to 1:500, stop out at 50% minimum spread 1.1 pips (mark-up) or 0.0 pip (raw, with $5.5 commission)
- Premium: Minimum deposit $50000, FX leverage up to 1:500, stop out at 50% minimum spread 1.1 pips (mark-up) or 0.0 pip (raw, with $5.5 commission)
- Professional Traders: No leverage restriction, No negative balance protection, no ICF cover
- HNI & Institutional Account: For corporate accounts and high net worth individuals
- Asset Management: For qualified investors
- Demo Account: Practice trading risk-free in a simulated environment
I appreciate how TrioMarkets offers a multilingual customer support service that can be reached via email, phone, Fax, Live Chat, and an online contact form. This is a great step in attracting traders from all over the world. However, I don’t like that their support is only available 24/5 during trading hours. For 24/7 support you could check out Bold Prime. You can also reach them via their social media handles — Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube.
There is a decent choice of account funding options for quick and easy payments. I like the digital wallets as I find this can be the quickest way for me to get my account funded. This is important in case I need to try and take advantage of a market move before it’s too late. I wouldn’t want to be waiting around days for a bank transfer to clear is this was the case.
They don’t charge any fees for fund deposits, but the payment processor may have some transaction charges. Withdrawals can be processed within 6 or 24 hours, depending on the type of account you hold, and it costs 1.5% charge — with a minimum of $25 and a maximum of $50 for wire transfers. The initial deposit payment method must be used to withdraw the funds. If the withdrawal amount exceeds the initial deposit amount, the difference will be transferred via bank wire.
You can fund your account using the TrioMarkets Wallet. The TrioMarkets Wallet makes it easier to fund and withdraw funds. You can transfer money between your TrioMarkets Wallet and your trading accounts whenever you want. TrioMarkets accepts the following payment methods for fund deposits and withdrawals:
- Wire transfer
- Credit/debit cards
- Digital wallets
Overall, there is a lot I like about TrioMarkets. I think they have a solid range of trading products and services for retail and institutional traders. You can trade manually on a limited selection of instruments with user-friendly platforms and some handy tools including a VPS for eligible clients. Social trading is available if you are short on time or want to share your strategy with others. Professional traders can and benefit from FIX API solutions and there are managed accounts for investors. They have a good range of flexible account types and payment options for everyone. The trading conditions include spreads from just 0.0 pips, $0 commission fees and rapid trade execution speeds. Despite the many positives, I think they could add some educational content and some more trading instruments. Other than that, I think they can be worth consideration for anyone looking to get market access to trade in a regulated environment with minimal fuss.