Tradeview Review 2020
Tradeview is an experienced forex and CFD broker that offers multiple assets for trading on its platforms. They provide users with a choice of 4 platforms; Currenex, cTrader, MT4 and MT5. The broker has social trading integration along with managed accounts. Traders are also provided with educational materials, traders’ room, discussion forum and some other useful trading tools.
Tradeview Review 2020, Pros & Cons
- Multiple professional trading platforms are provided; Currenex, cTrader, MT4 & MT5
- Social trading via cTrader copy, myfxbook & MetaTrader platforms
- MAM accounts are available
- Traders’ room, trading signals & forum are available at tradesgatehub.com
- Drawdown controller, Rhino report & other tools are provided
- Offshore regulation
- Traders from USA are not allowed to register for Tradeview services
- Incomprehensive trader education
- High withdrawal fees on bank transfers
In this detailed Tradeview review, our online broker research team have covered some of the most important aspects for you to consider when choosing the best broker for your online trading needs.
Tradeview is not ranked in our best forex brokers, best stock brokers, best cfd brokers, best crypto brokers or best online brokers categories. You can use our free broker comparison tool to compare online brokers including Tradeview.
Tradeview Review: Summary
Tradeview is a forex and CFD broker that provides a very competitive trading environment to over 20,000 clients from all across the globe. Established in 2004 with a vision for excellence, the broker is headquartered in the Cayman Islands with other offices around the world.
Tradeview gets its assets pricing from over 50 premium Liquidity providers and aggregates the offers through its ‘Innovative Liquidity Connector’ and presents the best available prices to the clients’ trading platforms. Traders are provided with an ECN environment with No Dealing Desk (NDD) and no price manipulations. The trading servers are located in LD4 data centres of the Commercial Network Services (CNS).
The broker states that many of its staff play or coach rugby and thus, Tradeview have sponsored teams and local events all over the world. In 2018, Tradeview markets Iguenas won the Heineken Charity Shield for the fourth time in a row. This Tradeview sponsored team has dominated rugby in the Cayman Islands.
Tradeview Review: Regulation
Tradeview Ltd is authorized and regulated by the Cayman Islands Monetary Authority (CIMA).
Clients’ accounts are maintained with only Tier1 global banks and segregated from Tradeview company accounts. Strict rules are followed in order to maintain this policy. Regular internal and external audits are carried out to ensure full compliancy. These segregated funds should only be returned to the clients in the event of broker insolvency and should not be used to pay off any debts.
Tradeview servers are equipped with the latest hardware and software as well as modern security technologies. All the servers are automatically backed up in order to secure clients’ data and trade orders. Strict policies are followed in order to safeguard clients’ data.
Tradeview also provides automatic risk management procedures which helps to protect clients’ account balances from going negative. The technology deployed tracks all client positions, margin level and trades in real time.
Tradeview Review: Countries
Tradeview does not accept traders from the United States or any other country or region where the trading of CFDs contravenes the local laws. Some Tradeview broker features and products mentioned within this Tradeview review may not be available to traders from certain countries because of legal restrictions.
Tradeview Review: Trading Platforms
This is a professional trading platform that offers advanced technology, multiple liquidity and complex trading tools. It is often used by hedge funds and institutional clients. Tradeview provides the platform as a downloadable desktop application for Windows. It is used for trading only currency pairs.
Here are some of its features:
- User friendly interface, fast and reliable.
- Advanced order management and reporting tools.
- Complex charting package with advanced tools.
- Multiple liquidity sources that comes from over 60 global banks.
- Multicurrency support.
- Supports full depth of market at any time.
This is a sophisticated trading platform developed by Spotware Systems Ltd which is a software company founded in Limassol, Cyprus. It offers full customizations, charting, trading tools, social trading and automated trading. It is available as follows:
- cTrader Desktop: This is a downloadable windows application of the platform.
- cTrader Web: The web version that runs on browsers.
- cTrader Mobile: This version is downloadable for iOS and Android mobile devices.
The following are some of the features of the cTrader platform:
- Available in over 14 languages.
- Full charting; 4 charts styles displayable on up to 26 timeframes.
- Level 2 pricing with access to depth of markets.
- Integrates the ‘cTrader copy’ which is a social trading platform allowing investors to copy the strategies of other traders.
- Multiple order types which include market orders, stop orders, limit orders, etc.
- cTrader automate is used to create indicators and trading robots that automates forex and CFD trading.
This is a popular professional trading platform that is widely used by millions of traders from all over the world. The MT4 platform was developed in 2005 by MetaQuotes Software Corporation which is a Russian Software company based in Cyprus. It features speedy connections, intuitive interface and multiple tools for conducting detailed chart analysis and trading. Tradeview MT4 can be downloaded for Windows and for mobile devices running on iOS and Android.
Here are some of the core features on the MT4 trading platform:
- Live streaming of assets quotes from Tradeview’s ‘Innovative Liquidity Connector’.
- Allows the extension of its features via plugin apps developed with the MetaQuotes Language (MQL4) editor.
- Supports automated trading via Expert Advisors (EAs) scripted with the MQL4.
- Supports one-click trading without confirmations.
- Multiple order types including market orders, pending orders and risk management tools.
- Charting on 9 timeframes with 30 technical indicators and 24 analytical tools.
- Price alert notifications can be sent to the trader via email, SMS or platform pop-ups.
This is an advanced trading platform built by the same MetaQuotes Software Corporation in 2010 to expand on the existing MT4 platform. It has the same physical interface but more features and complexity when compared to the MT4 platform. Tradeview supports the Windows desktop version of the MT5 as well as the mobile versions which run on Android and iOS devices.
Here are the features of the MT5 platform:
- Supports the development, back testing and deployment of multi-currency Expert Advisors (EAs) which are used to automate strategies.
- Exclusively on the MT5, Tradeview clients can trade 100 markets in 24 countries listed on major exchanges including NASDAQ, NYSE and AMEX.
- Access to buy or rent EAs, trading tools and indicators from the MetaTrader market.
- Complex charting using up to 21 timeframes. 100 chart windows can be opened simultaneously.
- Up to 38 inbuilt technical indicators and 44 analytical tools.
- The economic calendar tab is inbuilt into the platform.
- Multiple order types including up to 6 pending orders.
- Supports one-click trading of all forex and CFD assets.
- Price alert notifications
Tradeview Review: Trading Tools
This is a social trading site and forum owned by Tradeview. About 9 experts from Tradeview provide trading signals, answer questions and guide the traders. The site has a forum where traders can connect, ask questions and learn from each other. It also features live a trading room, webinars, charts and analysis.
This is available via cTrader Copy on the cTrader platform and also available in the MT4 and MT5 platforms. Tradeview clients can become signal providers and earn when other clients make profits by copying their trades. They can also become investors by searching for signal providers and automatically copying their trades. Tradeview clients can also request for myfxbook AutoTrade accounts to connect their trading accounts to a greater community of traders for social trading. It should be noted that there are no guarantees of performance with copying the signals of another trader and you should have a clear understanding of the significant risks involved with trading online.
Multi Account Manager (MAM)
The Tradeview MAM software is an MT4 plugin app that is fast and reliable. It allows clients to create a master account and assign sub accounts to it. The master account places trades which are distributed between the sub accounts using already established proportions. Multiple master accounts can be created with each plugin.
Tradeview Drawdown Controller
This is an MT4 plugin designed for account managers in order to help manage risks. It is easy to install and very light. The user sets a threshold using percentage or anywhere he wants it to stop overall loss.
Pivot Points Calculator
This is a technical analysis tool. Pivot point is the estimated price at which the price of a forex pair changes direction. The trader inputs the high, low and closing prices while the calculator gives the R1, R2, R3, Pivot, S1, S2 and S3 prices. There are calculators for Standard Pivots, Fibonacci pivots, Camarilla pivots, Woodie’s pivots and DeMark’s pivots.
This is a sub domain featuring blog articles, training articles and news. The Marketview articles use fundamental and technical analysis methods to analyze different assets. The articles are not regularly updated.
The Tradeview economic calendar is powered by MetaQuotes. It shows the dates and times of economic events and the forecasted impacts of the events on the markets. It also shows the currency affected and the impact history. The actual impact is updated after the event. Clicking on the event will open its details, charts and analysis. The economic calendar can be customized by date, time zone, etc.
Tradeview Review: Education
The Tradeview website has an education section that features some training resources.
There are articles on forex trading, important forex indicators and CFD trading,
There are 17 videos on MT4 tutorials. The videos look at placing orders as well as other features of the platform. The glossary section contains over 220 trading terms as well as financial and economic terms with their definitions. The FAQ webpage has over 20 questions and their detailed answers.
Tradeview Review: Trading Instruments
The following instruments are available for trading online with this broker:
- 69 Forex Currency Pairs
- 3 Metal Assets
- Over 100 Stocks from NYSE, NASDAQ and AMEX.
- 5 Cryptocurrencies
- 9 Indices
- 3 Commodities
Tradeview Review: Trading Accounts & Fees
The major account types are Individual, corporate and Joint account types. But there are forex account types as follows:
- X Leverage account: The opening balance is $100 and it features competitive spreads. The maximum leverage is 1:400 and the minimum trade size is 0.01 lots. No commissions are charged.
- Innovative Liquidity Connector account: The minimum deposit is $1,000 and the minimum trade size is 0.1 lots. The spreads start from 0 pips and commissions of $2.5 per side are charged on trades. The maximum leverage is 1:100
Demo accounts are freely available on all platforms. During demo account creation, the client decides the leverage and the amount of virtual funds desired. A leverage of up to 1:400 and virtual funds up to $1 million is available on demo accounts.
As broker fees can vary and change, there may be additional fees that are not listed in this Tradeview review. It is imperative to ensure that you check and understand all of the latest information before you open a Tradeview broker account for online trading.
Tradeview Review: Customer Service
The Tradeview customer service desk is available 24/5 on instant web chat. You can also fill the contact us’ form and the support team will respond by email. Support can also be received through emails and telephone. On social media, they are on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.
Tradeview Review: Deposit & Withdrawal
Tradeview does not charge deposit or withdrawal commissions. The broker also does not accept cash payments. Only deposits from clients’ bank, card or ePayment solutions are accepted. Deposits from third parties are rejected.
Here are the payment options:
- Bank Wire: Tradeview uses a number of banks to receive payments in different currencies. Some of the banks are: Banco Pichincha, Interbank, Banregio and Scotiabank. It takes 1-2 business days to complete a bank transfer deposit. Withdrawals are charged $35 being bank withdrawal fees.
- Credit/Debit cards: Deposits are processed within the same day. All cards require verification by uploading a selfie with the card in order to prove ownership. Withdrawals take more time for processing. It can be up to 10 working days.
- Online payments: The methods available are Skrill, Neteller, ecoPayz, Bitwallet, Bitpay, Sticpay, FasaPay, TransferMate, advcash, help2pay, payretailers. Payments are processed at most within 24 hours. No commissions are charged on both deposits and withdrawals.
Tradeview Review: Account Opening
Visit the broker website to open an account. Click on ‘Live account’. Select the account type that you wish to open; either individual, corporate or joint account. The account opening form displays:
For an individual account, you will need to fill in your name, address and other personal details. Next is banking information, declaration, employment information, total assets, declaration of source of wealth, trading experience, upload verification documents and other details, then submit the form. The account will be reviewed and if deemed suitable, you will be approved by the support team. When approved, you can make deposits and start trading online.
Tradeview Review: Conclusion
Tradeview has been in the brokerage business for a long time and has been expanding its services across the world. The CIMA regulation mandates it to ensure clients funds safety and a safe trading environment which the broker is constantly monitoring and maintaining.
The generous offer of four cutting edge platforms makes Tradeview to stand out from some of the competition. The trading fees are competitive whilst the platforms come with an abundance of different tools to assist traders. The broker also provides ‘tradegatehub.com’ which is a community of traders and experts. Clients can learn and trade together with all the resources, tools and signals that are readily available.
CIMA regulation is good but Tradeview should try and get other regulations like that of FCA, CySEC, ASIC, etc. This is because most expert traders and institutional clients will not trade with offshore regulated brokers. Financial market analysts and experts always warn traders to stay away from offshore regulators. You can see some alternative regulated options on our best online brokers page.
There is a risk of loss in trading foreign currencies and it is not suitable for everyone. Trading in CFDs may not be suitable for many members of the public. You should carefully consider whether trading CFDs is appropriate for you in light of your experience, objectives, financial resources and other relevant circumstances.