CAPEX Review 2020
CAPEX is an online broker regulated in multiple jurisdictions that offers over 2,100+ tradable assets on flexible and powerful trading platforms. They also have a selection of trading tools and market insights but lack in educational materials compared to other online brokers.
CAPEX Review 2020, Pros & Cons
- Regulated broker
- Over 2,100+ trading instruments
- Segregated client funds
- News & analysis from Trading Central
- Fixed & variable spread accounts
- Platform tools inlcuding bloggers opinion, daily analysts’ ratings, etc
- Proprietary CAPEX web & mobile trading platforms
- Clients from USA, Japan & Canada are not accepted
- Lack of comprehensive education package
- No social trading
In this detailed CAPEX review, our online broker research team have covered some of the most important aspects for you to consider when choosing the best broker for your online trading needs.
CAPEX is not ranked in our best forex brokers, best stock brokers, best cfd brokers, best crypto brokers or best online brokers categories. You can use our free broker comparison tool to compare online brokers including CAPEX.
CAPEX Review: Summary
CAPEX is an online forex and CFD broker that is built around safety of clients’ data, funds and top notch services. Founded in 2016 in Cyprus, the broker has extended its services to other parts of the world. The head office is located in Cyprus while other offices are in South Africa and Romania. Today, CAPEX claims they have over 275,000+ accounts and a trading volume in excess $138 billion.
Over 2,100+ forex, indices, bonds, ETFs, commodities, cryptocurrencies and shares are available for trading on the provided platforms. CAPEX offers competitive spreads, pricing transparency and fast execution speeds. CAPEX offers both fixed and variable spread accounts. The broker states that it is the principal to clients’ transactions. This means that CAPEX is a market maker.
So far, CAPEX has won industry awards for its trading services. This includes the ‘Fastest growing provider’ award which was given at the 2018 Forex Awards. The broker was also runner up for the ‘most transparent broker’ and the ‘best dealing room’ awards.
CAPEX Review: Regulation
CAPEX Europe (www.capex.com) is operated by ‘Key Way Investments Limited’, and regulated by the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (CySEC). The license number is 292/16.
The European clients are entitled to compensation from the Investor Compensation Fund (ICF). The ICF can help eligble clients get back their money in cases where the broker fails or becomes insolvent. The compensation is capped at $20, 000.
Every client’s deposit is kept in segregated bank accounts which are maintained with only top rated banks. The broker does not use traders’ deposit for running its day to day activities.
CAPEX Review: Countries
Whilst they accept online traders from most countries, Capex does not extend its online brokerage services to residents of certain jurisdictions including Japan, Canada and the USA. Some CAPEX broker features and products mentioned within this CAPEX review may not be available to traders from specific countries due to legal restrictions.
CAPEX Review: Trading Platforms
The CAPEX WebTrader is a modern trading platform built by CAPEX for all types of traders. It runs on the web browser and so requires no downloads, installation or updating. It also has a mobile version for Android and iOS compatible devices.
Here are the features of the CAPEX WebTrader:
- 6 chart styles that can be displayed on 10 timeframes.
- Around 80 technical indicators used for conducting detailed market analysis.
- Risk management features including stop loss and take profit.
- Technical analysis form Trading Central; a leading financial investment research firm.
- Daily analysts’ recommendation (DAR) tool.
- Blogger opinion tool is a tool on the platform which shows a consensus to buy or sell an asset.
- ‘Trending now’ tool shows the instruments that other traders are buying.
MetaTrader 5 (MT5)
This is a newer version of the popular MT4 trading platform. It is just like the MT4 but with enhanced features. The platform in simple, user friendly, fast and widely accepted. The CAPEX MT5 is available as downloadable desktop application for windows and on android and iOS mobile devices.
Here are some of the features of the MT5:
- Fully customisable interface, layouts, indicators, charts, etc.
- Different execution modes and up to 6 pending order types.
- 3 chart types display over 21 timeframes from one minute to one month.
- Real time display of the assets ‘buy’ and ‘sell’ prices.
- The MT5 has the economic calendar embedded in the platform.
- One account can be accessed seamlessly from all the desktop and mobile applications.
- Automation of trades using software Expert Advisors (EAs), though the use of EAs is forbidden by CAPEX.
CAPEX Mobile App
This is the proprietary mobile app developed for the iOS and Android devices. The app has a simple and clean user interface with matching default colours. It is used to monitor the markets, enter and close trade positions as well as performing detailed market analysis.
Here are some of its features:
- It is user friendly and easy to navigate around.
- It integrates with the clients’ area of the CAPEX website.
- It is used to make deposits, manage accounts and request for withdrawals.
- The app shows live quotes of all the tradable assets and well as the charts.
- It can be used to place multiple order types including risk management settings.
CAPEX Review: Trading Tools
Over 50,000 experts give their opinion on whether to buy or sell an asset, this can help to determine the market sentiment. A trader may choose to go with the popular opinion or to do otherwise. Sentiment analysis is often used as part of a contrarian trading strategy. It also gives traders the opportunity to learn from expert bloggers and read incisive commentaries.
Insiders’ Hot Stocks
These are the stocks that most traders are buying and selling. It comprises of stocks that has been identified as trending by TipRanks insider trading strategies. A trader can develop a strategy based on the trading activities of these experts.
Daily Analyst Ratings (DAR)
This is a tool that collates recommendations from several top-rated analysts. It is provided on the WebTrader platform. Clients can choose to follow high ranked analysts based on performance and make informed decisions.
Hedge Funds Activity
This tool gives trading ideas to traders. It shows the trade positions of leading fund managers on very popular stocks in the last quarter.
News, Views & Current Events
This service is provided by Trading Central; a financial research firm known for in-depth analysis. It provides coverage of most popular trading instruments in multiple languages. A recognition tool scans the markets constantly and alerts the trader.
CAPEX Review: Education
CAPEX website has a ‘Learn to Trade’ section. It has a financial dictionary which explains the meaning of about 31 trading terms which can be useful to beginners.
Articles are featured on the website but they are not regularly updated.
CAPEX Review: Trading Instruments
CAPEX states that it offers over 2,100+ assets for trading on its platforms. The broker offers the following assets for trading on its platforms:
- 55 currency pairs (major, minor & exotic crosses).
- 4 bonds.
- 19 commodities.
- 6 crypto assets.
- 30 ETFs.
- 19 commodities.
- 26 indices.
- Over 2,000 stock CFDs.
CAPEX Review: Trading Accounts & Fees
A minimum of $100 is required to open an account. For all accounts, traders have access to trade using the WebTrader or MT5. Daily market reviews, financial research and trading video library access are all available to all account holders.
CAPEX does not charge commissions. The spread varies depending on the platform. On MT5, the EURUSD spread averages 3.0 pips while the spread on the WebTrader platform is fixed at 1.8pips. The following are the account types:
- CAPEX Essential: This account is designed for beginners with limited knowledge and capital. The broker recommends $1,000 for opening this account. You should only ever trade with an amount that you feel comfortable with.
- CAPEX Original: This account is created for experienced traders. $5,000 is recommended to open this account. Open access to research is given to account holders. Dedicated account representative is available 3 days every week.
- CAPEX Signature: This account is designed for corporate clients or high net worth professional traders. Access to Trading Central analysis is given to account holders. One-to-one meetings with account representative and special trading conditions are some of the other benefits enjoyed by signature account holders.
Islamic accounts are swap-free and can be requested by Muslim clients. Free and unlimited demo accounts are available for all account types. Demo accounts allow traders to test the different trading platforms and conditions before opening a real account.
CAPEX Review: Customer Service
The support team is available from 6:00am to 1:00am GMT from Monday to Friday. A ‘Contact Us’ form is available on the website which can be used to get support either by phone or email. The support team can be reached by email, phone and instant web chat. The support section of the website has a frequently asked Questions (FAQs) section which attempts to answer the most important questions posed by new clients. ‘Get a call back’ is used to schedule a call from the support team. CAPEX’s social media channels are Facebook, Instagram, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube.
CAPEX Review: Deposit & Withdrawal
CAPEX does not accept payments from third parties. The minimum deposit is $100. The broker does not charge deposit fees. Here are the payment options:
- Credit Cards: The cards accepted are Visa and Mastercard. Card payments are instantly processed.
- Bank Wire Transfer: This payment method is accepted from all clients. It takes 3-5 days to completely process bank transfers.
- E-wallet: Skrill and Neteller are the e-wallet payments methods accepted. Deposits are instant but withdrawals are processed within 24 hours.
Accounts can be opened in EUR, CZK, DKK, EUR, GBP, HUF, PLN, RON, SEK, ZAR. The different currency options are beneficial as currency conversion fees do not apply when using an account in your own currency.
As broker fees can vary and change, there may be additional fees that are not listed in this CAPEX review. It is imperative to ensure that you check and understand all of the latest information on the official CAPEX website before opening a brokerage account.
CAPEX Review: Account Opening
It takes only a few minutes to register an account on CAPEX. Visit the website and click on ‘Register’ button which is found on the far top right hand side of the website. Fill the form below which displays.
Fill the form and the account is created. You can choose to try the demo account which comes with virtual funds of €10,000. You can also choose to continue registration in order to open a live account. Another 4-page form displays requesting for personal and professional information. Also, the clients’ trading experience and a quiz section is required before the account can be approved. This is to protect clients and ensure the services are suitable for them.
CAPEX Review: Conclusion
CAPEX is primarily a forex and CFD broker that offers over 2,100+ tradable instruments in the asset classes of forex, indices, bonds, ETFs, Commodities, Shares and Cryptocurrencies. The broker is regulated in multiple jurisdictions and thus must abide by the stringent regulatory stipulations which helps to ensure a secure trading environment for all clients.
The proprietary CAPEX WebTrader platform is loaded with innovative tools for analysis and trading. The ‘Trading Central’ analysis is very apposite for all traders to help with trading ideas. The other platform tools like Blogger Opinions, Insiders’ Hot Stocks, Daily Analyst Ratings and Hedge Funds Activity are all useful tools that greatly assist traders in making their daily decisions. The MT5 trading platform is robust, scalable, fast and suitable for all types of traders. Both platforms are mobile friendly with Android and iOS apps.
However, there are a few drawbacks with this broker. There is virtually no educational content on the website. This is a problem especially for newbies. The minimum trading capital of $100 is relatively high when compared to the competition. Some other broker requires $5 or less to open a live account and commence trading.
CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. 72.93% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.