Arihant Capital ReviewCategory: Reviews | Author: Trading Brokers | Date: December 17, 2023
So you’re looking to start investing and came across Arihant Capital. With so many brokerages out there, it can get confusing trying to pick the right one. That’s where we come in!
In this review, we’ll give you the lowdown on Arihant Capital so you can decide if they’re the right fit. We’ll look at their background, platforms, fees, customer service – everything that matters. Whether you’re a total beginner or an experienced trader, you want a broker you can trust. One that won’t rip you off with hidden fees or give you the run around when you need support. So let’s dive in and see if Arihant checks those boxes.
Pros & Cons
- The broker provides intuitive platforms for a seamless trading experience.
- Arihant Capital offers a diverse range of trading and investment opportunities, tailored to individual needs
- Arihant Capital has a history of around three decades, which contributes to its reputation as a trusted name in the full-service brokerage space
- There have been a number of consumer complaints about the broker.
- The broker's customer support has been noted as not comprehensive enough
- Compared to other full-service stockbrokers, Arihant Capital's physical presence is less
Arihant Capital is a leading full-service broker in India that offers a comprehensive range of investment and trading services. Founded in 1992, they have over 29 years of experience serving both retail and institutional clients.
They provide access to a diverse selection of markets including equities, derivatives, currencies, commodities, mutual funds, fixed-income products, and more. This allows clients to invest and trade according to their needs and goals.
Arihant Capital has made a commitment to providing outstanding research and customer service. They have a dedicated team that provides actionable investment ideas and personalized support. Many clients have praised their recommendations and the quality of service they receive.
The broker offers user-friendly trading platforms including web, software, and mobile apps. These cater to both casual investors and active traders with features like real-time data, charting tools, order types, and more.
With over 750 branches across 200 cities in India, Arihant Capital provides localized support to retail investors nationwide. They also serve over 1000 institutional clients including banks, insurance firms, and asset managers.
Overall, Arihant Capital presents an attractive option for Indian residents seeking a full-service investment provider with comprehensive offerings. Their commitment to service and range of platforms help set them apart in a crowded field.
When it comes to regulation, Arihant Capital Markets Limited has got your back. They’re registered with the Securities & Exchange Board of India (SEBI), which is a top-tier regulator. This means they’ve got the stamp of approval from one of the big players in the industry. Arihant Capital’s SEBI registration number for NSE & BSE is INZ000180939. They’re also a depository participant with both NSDL (DP ID-IN301983) and CDSL (DP ID-43000).
In addition to being a stockbroker, Arihant Capital is registered with NCDEX (01274) and MCX (56565) for commodity trading. They’re also registered with AMFI (ARN 15114) for mutual fund distribution. For their merchant banking and investment banking services, they have a SEBI Merchant Banking registration number (MB INM000011070) and a SEBI Research Analyst registration number (INH000002764).
While Arihant Capital is regulated by a top-tier authority, it’s important to remember that regulation alone doesn’t guarantee smooth sailing. Different regulatory bodies have different standards, and while top-tier regulators generally ensure a higher degree of reliability, they can’t always filter out all the bad apples. That said, Arihant Capital Markets also gives its clients access to existing investor protection programs, so there’s a safety net in place.
So, with Arihant Capital, you can trade with confidence knowing they’re regulated by a reputable authority. But remember, it’s always a good idea to explore other regulated brokers to find the one that best suits your needs.
Platforms & Tools
When it comes to trading platforms and tools, Arihant Capital has got you covered. They offer a nice mix of options whether you’re a casual trader or a serious investor.
Arihant Capital has a trio of options, including;
- Ari-InvestEase: This is Arihant’s web-based trading platform that gives you a trading-terminal-like experience. It’s intuitive and easy to use, making it a good choice for both beginners and experienced traders. You get real-time market data, customizable watchlists, and a range of tools to help you make informed trading decisions. Whether at home or in the office, Ari-InvestEase has got you covered.
- Ari-Trade Speed: This is Arihant’s software-based trading solution. It’s designed for the pros, offering easy operation and efficient execution. With Ari-Trade Speed, you can place orders quickly, manage your portfolio efficiently, and stay on top of the market with live updates and alerts. If you’re an active trader, this platform could be your new best friend.
- Ari-Mobile: For those who like to trade on the go, Arihant offers a powerful mobile trading platform. It’s easy to use yet smart, allowing you to manage your portfolio, place trades, and monitor the market from your smartphone. With Ari-Mobile, you can stay connected to the market wherever you are.
Arihant Capital offers the following tools:
- Real-time Market Data: This is a must-have for any trader. Arihant Capital provides real-time market data, so you’re always up to speed with what’s happening in the markets.
- Customizable Watchlists: This tool lets you keep an eye on specific stocks or assets. You can customize your watchlist according to your investment interests.
- Charting Tools: These are essential for technical analysis. Arihant Capital’s charting tools help you visualize market trends and make informed trading decisions.
- Portfolio View: This tool gives you a snapshot of your investments. It’s a great way to track your performance and make adjustments as needed.
- Margin Trading Facility: This tool allows you to borrow money from the broker to trade. It’s a double-edged sword though – while it can amplify your profits, it can also magnify your losses.
- Research Tools: Arihant Capital provides research tools to help you make informed investment decisions. These tools can give you insights into market trends and potential investment opportunities.
Education is a big deal regarding trading, and Arihant Capital seems to get that. They’ve got a ‘Knowledge Center’ on their website that’s like a mini-university for trading and investing.
Here’s what you can find in their Knowledge Center:
- Equity Basics: If you’re new to trading, this is a great place to start. It covers the basics of equity trading, helping you understand how the stock market works.
- Mutual Funds Basics: Need help figuring out what mutual funds are and how they work? This section breaks it down for you, explaining the ins and outs of mutual fund investing.
- Technical Analysis Basics: This is for those who want to dive a bit deeper. It covers the basics of technical analysis, a method used to predict future price movements based on historical data.
- Investment Webinars: Arihant Capital used to host webinars on various investment topics. However, it seems like the last one was done in 2015, so this section might be a bit outdated.
While the Knowledge Center is a good starting point, it seems to be more geared towards beginners. If you’re an experienced trader looking for advanced strategies and insights, you might need to look elsewhere.
When it comes to markets, Arihant Capital has got all the major ones covered. We’re talking equities, derivatives, commodities, currencies – they’ve got options for both casual and active traders. Let’s dive a bit deeper into each market:
- Equities: Arihant Capital provides access to a wide range of stocks listed on the National Stock Exchange (NSE) and Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE). This means you can invest in big names like Reliance Industries, Tata Consultancy Services, or HDFC Bank. You can also explore opportunities in smaller companies across various sectors. Whether you’re looking for growth stocks, value picks, or dividend earners, there’s plenty to choose from.
- Derivatives: If you’re into more advanced trading, Arihant offers derivatives trading. This includes futures and options on indices like Nifty and Sensex, as well as individual stocks like Infosys or Maruti Suzuki. They also offer interest rate futures, which are based on the interest rates of government securities. Derivatives can be a bit complex, but they offer ways to hedge your portfolio, speculate on price movements, or earn income.
- Currencies: Arihant Capital allows you to trade in the forex market. You can trade currency pairs like USD/INR, EUR/INR, GBP/INR, and JPY/INR. This can be a good way to diversify your portfolio, hedge against currency risk, or take advantage of global economic trends.
- Commodities: If you’re interested in commodities, Arihant gives you access to the Multi Commodity Exchange (MCX). You can trade in a variety of commodities like gold, silver, crude oil, natural gas, and agricultural commodities like cotton or wheat. Commodities can be a good way to hedge against inflation or diversify your portfolio.
- Mutual Funds: Arihant also offers mutual fund investment services. You can invest in a wide range of mutual funds from various fund houses. This includes equity funds like HDFC Equity Fund or ICICI Prudential Bluechip Fund, debt funds like SBI Magnum Medium Duration Fund, or hybrid funds like HDFC Balanced Advantage Fund. Mutual funds can be a good way to diversify your portfolio and get professional management.
Remember, each market has its own risks and rewards. Always do your own research and consider your financial goals and risk tolerance before investing.
Arihant Capital caters to a wide range of trading preferences and styles, offering traders a selection of distinct account types. Each account type comes with unique features and conditions, allowing traders to align their trading strategy with their individual needs. Here’s a concise overview of each account type:
- Equity Trading Account: This account allows you to trade in equities listed on the NSE and BSE. Whether you’re interested in intraday or delivery-based trading, this account covers you. The brokerage charges for intraday and delivery trades are 0.15%.
- Derivatives Trading Account: If you’re into futures and options, this account is for you. It allows you to trade in equity derivatives, with a brokerage charge of 0.15% for futures and Rs.15 per lot for options.
- Currency Trading Account: This account lets you trade in currency derivatives. It’s a good option if you want to diversify your portfolio or hedge against currency risk.
- Commodity Trading Account: If you’re interested in commodities, this account gives you access to commodity derivatives trading on the MCX. The brokerage charges are as per the standard rates.
- Demat Account: Arihant Capital is a depository participant with both NSDL and CDSL. This means you can hold your securities in electronic form in a Demat account with Arihant. The account opening charges and annual maintenance charges for the Demat account are zero, which is a big plus.
Remember, each account type has its features and charges. Always consider your trading needs and financial goals before choosing an account.
When it’s time to load up your trading account, you’ve got a few convenient ways to go about it. First is a good ol’ bank transfer. You can directly transfer money from your bank account into your Arihant trading account. Next up is UPI payments. Arihant accepts payments via popular UPI apps like Google Pay, PhonePe, Paytm, and more. Just link your UPI ID and you’re good to go.
If you prefer plastic, Arihant also accepts debit/credit card payments. All major card types are supported. And we can’t forget about good old-fashioned cheques! Yup, you can fund your account the old-school way with cheques too. Finally, you can also visit your nearest Arihant branch for in-person deposits. Over 750 branches across 200 cities make it pretty convenient. Keep in mind that different funding methods might come with their own processing times and fees.
So whether you like tapping on apps or scribbling on paper, Arihant has got you covered on the funding front. Remember, funding your account is just one aspect of trading. Make sure you’re comfortable with the broker’s platforms, tools, and fees before you start trading. And if you have any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to reach out to their customer support for assistance.
In wrapping up, Arihant Capital offers a comprehensive suite of trading and investment opportunities, tailored to meet various needs. With its intuitive platforms, advanced tools, and diverse market offerings, it presents a compelling choice for investors seeking low prices and a wide range of investment prospects. However, it’s worth noting that while Arihant Capital offers strong features, there are other brokers with longer track records that might be worth considering as alternative options. For additional choices, we encourage you to explore our trading brokers reviews. Despite some concerns about customer support and consumer complaints, Arihant Capital’s commitment to research and service, as evidenced by numerous client testimonials, makes it a promising choice. But as always, carefully evaluate the pros and cons before choosing your broker.