Best Stock Brokers South Africa
Here you find will our best South African stock brokers based on our unbiased stock broker reviews and ratings. The Trading Brokers expert research team have researched and analysed hundreds of online stock brokers to save you time when choosing from the best stock brokers in the South Africa.
In order to make it into our best stock brokers South Africa list, the online stock brokerage firm should provide traders with a large selection of global stocks for trading on the best trading platforms and have competitive fees. They should offer a selection of trading tools for analysing the stock markets and educational resources to help traders to increase their knowledge of the stock markets and improve their trading skills.
In addition to this, the stock broker should have a choice of flexible account types to cater for different investment sizes and experience levels. Most importantly, a South African stock broker should be authorised and regulated to accept stock traders in South Africa.
With there being so many South African stock brokers for traders to choose from, we have compiled a list of our best stock brokers in South Africa below.
Top 5 Stock Brokers South Africa
ASIC, BVI, CBI, FFAJ, JFSA, FSCA, IIROC, ADGM FRSA
Min $100 Deposit
FCA, CFTC, NFA, BaFin, FINMA, ASIC, FMA, MAS, FSA, FSCA, DFSA, JFSA, METI, MAFF
Min $250 Deposit
ASIC, FCA, DFSA, SCB, CySEC, BaFin, CMA
Min $200 Deposit
ASIC, CySEC, IFSC, DFSA
Min $5 Deposit
We have selected these as our best South African stock brokers primarily due to their strict regulation and established reputation within the online stock brokerage industry. They have passed our stringent stock broker reviews with flying colours and been awarded a top stock broker rating according to our findings that have considered a number of important factors for trading stocks online in South Africa.
How did we choose our best stock brokers in South Africa?
The most important factor for us to consider when choosing who are the best stock brokers in South Africa is that they are regulated and authorised to offer stock trading to South African traders. Once the brokers regulation had been confirmed, we then researched and analysed the stock trading service thet provide in great detail and assigned them with an unbiased broker rating based on our findings. During this research, we gave great consideration to what we deem to be amongst the most important factors to consider when choosing the best stock brokers, including:
- Regulation: The stock broker should be regulated and authorised to offer stock trading in South Africa.
- Stock Trading Platforms: The stock broker should have a range of the best stock trading platforms with user friendly interfaces and trading tools for analysing the stock markets. The platforms should be compatible on desktop, web and mobile devices for trading stocks whilst on the move.
- Stock Trading Instruments: The stock broker should offer a large selection of global stocks in different markets for trading online.
- Spreads: The stock brokers spreads should be competitive, the tighter the better.
- Commission: The commission charged for trading stocks should be priced low.
- Fees: Other fees such as those charged for deposits, withdrawals, account inactivity, holding positions overnight, etc, should all be made clear.
- Execution Speeds: Traders buy or sell stock positions should be entered with minimal slippage.
- Liquidity Providers: The stock broker should incorporate top tier liquidity providers (LPs) in order to offer a deep liquidity pool to traders.
- Stock Trading Tools: There should be a good selection of trading tools for analysing the stock markets, planning/managing stock positions, stock trading signals, social trading, etc.
- Educational Materials: The stock broker should offer traders a range of educational resources on various stock trading topics to help them improve their trading skills and knowledge. Training tools can include video tutorials, stock trading guides, webinars, etc.
- Stock Trading Accounts: The stock broker should offer a choice of flexible trading accounts to cater for different levels of investment and experience levels.
- Account Deposit & Withdrawal Options: There should be a choice of convenient account funding methods, including online payment processors for fast and easy account funding.
- Client Support: The online stock brokerage should offer efficient and well-educated client support in order to respond in a prompt and efficient manner to all general and technical questions that traders may have.
South African stock brokers regulation
Stock trading is a popular form of online trading that enables the trader to speculate on the rising or falling prices of a particular company or basket of selected stocks known as Indices. An online stock broker acts as the intermediary between you the trader and the exchange where the stocks are traded. Anyone can open a trading account with an online brokerage and use their online stock trading platform to buy and sell stocks. In recent years, online stock trading has continued to increase in popularity and with so many South African online stock brokers to choose from, it can make it difficult for traders to choose the best stock broker in South Africa for them.
At Trading Brokers, we believe that it is of upmost importance that a stock broker providing services to traders in South Africa is authorised and regulated to offer stock trading in South Africa. Using a regulated stock broker can help to give traders the peace of mind that they are using a stock brokerage firm which is subject to strict rules and regulations put in place to help protect investors. It is worth mentioning that there are some non-South African stock brokers that will still solicit clients located within South Africa. There are also South African stock brokers who offer online stock trading services to clients located in some countries outside of the South Africa. In this instance, it would be a considered a wise idea to ensure that the broker has the relevant regulation within the jurisdiction that they are operating from.
Financial Sector Conduct Authority (FSCA)
The Financial Sector Conduct Authority (FSCA) is the market conduct regulator, responsible for the regulation of financial institutions in South Africa that provide financial products and financial services, financial institutions that are licensed in terms of a financial sector law, including banks, insurers, retirement funds and administrators, and market infrastructures.
The FSCA aims to enhance and support the efficiency and integrity of financial markets and to protect financial customers by promoting their fair treatment by financial institutions, as well as providing financial customers with financial education. They aim to ensure there is an efficient and stable financial sector where customers are informed, protected and treated fairly.
Verifying a South African stock brokers regulation
If a stock broker has been licensed by regulator, they should be provided with a registration number as proof that they are registered. This number will usually be located on the brokers website. You will often find it near the footer where they state who they are regulated by. You should check on the relevant regulators website to validate the current status of the stock broker registration to ensure that it is valid and up to date. It has been known for some scam brokers to fake regulation, some even going as far to clone another brokers website. When you are looking up the registration number, you should find details of the regulated brokerage firm including their website, contact details and if they have any cases brought against them.
Best Stock Brokers USA
Here you will find our best USA stock brokers list based on our unbiased stock…
Best Stock Brokers UK
Here you will find our best UK stock brokers list based on our unbiased stock…
Best Stock Brokers Canada
Here you will find our best Canadian stock brokers list based on our unbiased stock…
Best Stock Brokers Australia
Here you will our best Australian stock brokers list based on our unbiased stock broker…
Best Forex Brokers USA
On this page you will find what we consider to be the best USA forex…
Best Forex Brokers UK
Here you will find our best UK forex brokers list based on our findings from…